The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: What's next after C2D?

Postby Zwopper » 12 Mar 2015, 13:31

I heard some mumbling from a friend who visited Clavia a little while ago.
The follow up to the C2D is rumoured to have:
  • Wheel brake
  • Ring modulator - YIPPIE!!! :thanks:
  • Improved click
  • More Leslie types
  • The ability to split the signal and run each channel through 2 different leslies
  • The ability to split the signal and run one channel through an amp simulator and the other channel through a leslie simulator
  • LEDs along side each drawbar to indicate their programed setting
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Nord Nerd Extra Ordinaire!

The author Zwopper was thanked by:
Mike37
Zwopper

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage EX

Sponsor

Postby Rob Millis » 12 Mar 2015, 18:55

Hi all, I've just ordered my C2D after a walk around my trusty old A100 confirmed it needs a few months off the road for a refurb. Will be running a Korg SV1 and a C2D (I'll be putting it through a Ventilator; I'd bought that for my tonewheel and still get a thrill from the sound of it a few years down the line) and can't wait to get stuck in. As an owner of both an A100 and a Wurly EP200A, I can honestly say that in the Korg and the C2D I have every confidence that both itches will be well and truly scratched.

Curiously enough I have been using an E4D and while I loved the sounds, didn't take to the user interface at all. I'm not a tweaker of things, and always seemed to be fighting with the E4D - somehow the drawbars weren't showing the sounds being played because I'd knocked another button etc, or I'd switch from Wurly to B3 and find the overdrive and tremolo hadn't cancelled, that sort of thing. Nothing that five minutes reading the manual wouldn't have fixed, I'm sure.

But as soon as I was using the Korg SV1 for my piano sounds, and had the E4D just left as an organ, I started to enjoy the sound of the E4D B3 through the a Neo Vent immensely. It was at this point I realised how it wasn't the sound of the A100 I missed when not using it, but the instant availability of configuration. Hence my reason for buying a C2D which I'm hoping will enable me to retire the A100 for a full rebuild, service and then only usage for special occasions or recording only.

Looking forward to chewing the fat!
Last edited by Rob Millis on 12 Mar 2015, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Twickenham's wayward son.
Rob Millis
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Mike37 » 13 Mar 2015, 17:31

Zwopper wrote:I heard some mumbling from a friend who visited Clavia a little while ago.
The follow up to the C2D is rumoured to have:
  • Wheel brake
  • Ring modulator - YIPPIE!!! :thanks:
  • Improved click
  • More Leslie types
  • The ability to split the signal and run each channel through 2 different leslies
  • The ability to split the signal and run one channel through an amp simulator and the other channel through a leslie simulator
  • LEDs along side each drawbar to indicate their programed setting

Interesting info, thanks! The LEDs is a great idea. I was actually contemplating getting a C2 instead of a C2D for this very reason, however it's pretty much impossible to find a brand new non-demo C2. The combination of real drawbars and LEDs would be ideal. IMO we don't need even more leslie types per se, we need overall improved tonewheel modelling + leslie and overdrive effects with a greater resolution and realism (upgrade DSP power?). Having said that Clavia has come a long way in the last 4-5 years. They are making some great keyboards, and I can't wait to see what they're coming up with for the Nord Stage 3.
Last edited by Mike37 on 14 Mar 2015, 01:41, edited 3 times in total.
Mike37

Postby Zwopper » 15 Mar 2015, 04:58

Mike37 wrote:Interesting info, thanks! The LEDs is a great idea. I was actually contemplating getting a C2 instead of a C2D for this very reason, however it's pretty much impossible to find a brand new non-demo C2. The combination of real drawbars and LEDs would be ideal. IMO we don't need even more leslie types per se, we need overall improved tonewheel modelling + leslie and overdrive effects with a greater resolution and realism (upgrade DSP power?). Having said that Clavia has come a long way in the last 4-5 years. They are making some great keyboards, and I can't wait to see what they're coming up with for the Nord Stage 3.

I actually got the C2 instead of a C2D for that reason(the LEDs), that and that the ability "play" the presets are different in the C2D.
I also have a craving to see what they come up with in the Nord Stage 3, I have a nice long laudry list. :thumbup:
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Nord Nerd Extra Ordinaire!
Zwopper

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage EX

Postby Mooser » 27 Mar 2015, 22:14

When Nord found out I bought a C2, they naturally knew it was time to release the C2D. However, as much as I like the C2D, it's the next model I am waiting for. But what can they call it? A "C2D2"? Too Star Wars A "C3"? That name is already taken, thank you.

Anyway, when appellation problems are overcome that's the one I'll pop for. Improved keyboard feel and click is what I hope will be there.
And fully integrated drawbars. Don't have to be motorized, but LED indicators would be nice, so they go better with the other organs.
Last edited by Mooser on 27 Mar 2015, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Postby cetacea » 31 Mar 2015, 17:47

Maybe a C2D that can be used with the nord sample library without adding a nord wave to the organ set?

Using a C2D with gem X piano module on the lower Manual at the moment.
Last edited by cetacea on 31 Mar 2015, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

The author cetacea was thanked by:
Lindsay
cetacea

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C1

Postby Groovecake » 31 Mar 2015, 21:04

If that features list is true, it is a big disappointment. Why not make the C/V adjustable?? That is the one feature that keeps me away from owning a Nord again.
Groovecake

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Postby ChillOnTheSun » 15 Oct 2017, 12:50

2 and half years later ... any new rumours about the next C?
ChillOnTheSun

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Spider » 16 Oct 2017, 13:46

No news...which is normal, Clavia never says anything until the new model is ready for release.
Right now they are busy with the Stage 3 and new sample library/editor.

However, I think they must seriously consider what to do with their organ line. The competition has gotten much tougher in the years since the C2D was released.
Now there are clones with either better sound, better interface, better price, additional sounds and features...or all of these things together.

The C2D is the most expensive clone out there (excluding the Hammond XK-5 which targets a totally different market), and right now I can't see a reason for buying it.

What could they do? Improve the sound of course, but we're splitting hairs anyway, it's already more than good enough.
Reduce size and weight? Pretty much impossible.
Introduce new sounds and features, basically making it a two-manual Electro? Could be, but the price would skyrocket...

The author Spider was thanked by:
ChillOnTheSun
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby ChillOnTheSun » 16 Oct 2017, 17:25

Why you don't see the reason to buy it? I miss all of effects from Stage in C2D...maybe some more pipe organs or ability to load samples as mellotron, etc. and improvement to make Farfisa more realistic with all its original functions...
ChillOnTheSun

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

PreviousNext

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum