Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

sustain pedal - Nord Sample Editor

Postby clausbart » 05 Oct 2017, 14:31

I just imported a wave-file into the Nord Sample Editor and dedicated the right slices to the notes. I exported the instrument and sent it to my Nord Stage 2.

Everything worked fine (as usual) but ... the sustain pedal doesn't work on this samples. The SUSPED is enabled on the Nord Stage.

I noticed that when I turned of the loop function in the sample editor, that the sustain pedal doesn't work. When I turn on the loop function and import this back into the NS, the sustain pedal works fine.

But I'd rather put the loops of ...

Is there a way around tot get the sustain pedal working on this?
Last edited by clausbart on 05 Oct 2017, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
clausbart

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

sustain pedal - Nord Sample Editor

Sponsor

Re: sustain pedal - Nord Sample Editor

Postby maxpiano » 05 Oct 2017, 15:11

You are probably quite new to the world of sampling I guess.

That's the way samples work, on any HW or SW sampler: if you don't set a loop the sample will be played only once ("one shot"). This is what you do with some type of sounds like drums, percussions etc... or anythign where you don't want to create an artificial loop of the waveform.

Besides the sustain pedal acts on the Synth as a section (not on the Osc/sample) and it simply it keeps the "note on" after you release the keys, but if the sample is unlooped (one shot) once it has been played one time you will get no sound, regardless any sustain pedal or long envelope settings. Btw, talking about envelope, ensure you set Amp Env Decay lomg enough if the sample is long (looped or not)...
Last edited by maxpiano on 05 Oct 2017, 15:14, edited 4 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)