Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Lead 4 MIDI sustain pedal message

Postby jmkvalsund » 23 Aug 2017, 00:04

Hei,
I've tried to connect my Lead 4 (OS 1.30) to my master keyboard, using the same patch (on the master keyboard) and same channels as on my Electro 3 (OS 3.12).

Mainly things work great, but the sustain pedal is an issue. (If I connect the pedal directly to the Lead 4, it works fine)
Somehow it seems random when Lead4 recognizes a "pedal off". After some monitoring I found the second byte had to be 00 ( CC 64 00) , whereas the Electro 3 seems to take anything below 64 as "pedal off".

I'm not sure how easy it is to reprogram this in my stoneage masterkeyboard (Roland A80)..
Is there a way to change the MIDI map in the Lead 4 to act as the Electro 3when it comes to sustain pedal CC?

Regards,
John Martin
jmkvalsund

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Lead 4 MIDI sustain pedal message

Sponsor

Re: Lead 4 MIDI sustain pedal message

Postby derrellpiper » 07 Sep 2017, 20:10

Have you tried switching polarity: System > 4 - Sustain Pedal Polarity?
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.

The author derrellpiper was thanked by:
jmkvalsund
derrellpiper

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Re: Lead 4 MIDI sustain pedal message

Postby jmkvalsund » 18 Sep 2017, 19:26

Hi,
tried that but with no result, It seems as there's a shortcut (or adaption to best practise) in the MIDI implementation in the Lead 4.
Probably time to look for a new master keyboard, but I'm not able to find any that matches the keys of th old A80....
jmkvalsund

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum