General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Problem with lowest keys - NS compact classic

Postby Paji » 17 Sep 2017, 00:44

Hi guys,
I have my favourite NS compact classic many years. But I have very seriouse problem with lowest keys (from F1 to B1) which has been started couple days ago. These keys sometime do not work for piano, synth and external sounds. The organ sound work properly anytime.
I have completely reinstalled OS (I have 5.06 version now) and used factory sound set. Problem is time to time again. These keys some time work properly, sometime not.

It is very likely some mechanical problem with contacts associated to these 7 keys.

Do you have any experience or tip how to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot
Paji

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Problem with lowest keys - NS compact classic

Sponsor

Re: Problem with lowest keys - NS compact classic

Postby maxpiano » 17 Sep 2017, 06:55

Discussed many times here, repair requires technical skills to properly disassemble the keybed (and the reassemble) and the use of isopropyl (or other appropriate substance) to clean the contacs, just search for similar posts and you will find details.

Read for example nord-electro-forum-f9/electro-4-sw-key-only-functions-when-playing-organ-section-t13320.html or nord-electro-forum-f9/g3-key-sounds-louder-than-the-rest-nelec-3-t7802.html
Last edited by maxpiano on 17 Sep 2017, 07:01, edited 4 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Problem with lowest keys - NS compact classic

Postby Paji » 17 Sep 2017, 19:31

Thanks for tip. I searched the Nord Stage forum only.
I just have finished gig with my NS and everything was OK. Two hours I was playing mainly pianos with standard gig instrument vibration on top of Ultimate Delta stand without any problems. I do not understand why one day is not work and day after is everything OK.
Paji

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum