Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Re: Nord lead A1

Postby Donjackson » 15 Mar 2017, 20:47

The Nord lead a1 is my fave synth. capable of many sounds and awesome sound. Plus the polyphony is great for play chords whereas synths like Moog are mainly Mono synths as you know.

Although Id keep the Moog unless you want to sell me it :)
Donjackson

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Sponsor

Postby derrellpiper » 15 Mar 2017, 21:11

Ah, yes, the ARP on the Sub37 lets you record. I wish the A1 had that. I love the sound of both my A1 and Sub37, but they're very different beasts.
Last edited by derrellpiper on 19 Mar 2017, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.
derrellpiper

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Postby RudyS » 24 Apr 2017, 11:30

Just acquired a Nord A1 this weekend. Love the sound and how easy it is. Still think the oscillator architecture is a bit strange and limiting, but I was able to make some sounds pretty quickly.

Here's a picture of my setup now :

RudyS

Postby starkaudio » 25 Apr 2017, 05:07

RudyS wrote:Still think the oscillator architecture is a bit strange and limiting, but I was able to make some sounds pretty quickly.

I don't think it's limiting, it's just a different way of thinking. Where I would "classically" look for a way to dial in and mix the oscillators as I liked with a mental target in mind, now I have to think about the sound I want and consider layering configs and listening as I go. I found it's actually faster for me to build the patch I want rather than browse through presets searching and tweaking. I ended up deleting them all and just spinning up patches as I need them. This isn't boasting, it's just a reality. After a few months you get really fast at dialing is just what you want. Stick with it and give it some time. Good luck!
starkaudio

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby synthfiend » 14 Sep 2017, 15:08

just had my A1 a week now, had the chance tonight to A/B it with my Virus TI. I would have to say it sounds as good or better in some respects. It sits very nicely in a mix and can get very dirty. Love it, thought I was going to take it back yesterday but I have found it really has that something, a keeper.
Nord A1 Keyboard
Virus TI Polar
Elektron Analog Rytm
Elektron Digitakt
Make Noise 0-coast
Squarp Pyramid
synthfiend

Previous

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum