General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

NS 2 ghost in the system

Postby Tschanzy » 11 Sep 2017, 19:33

I've had her for a few years and she has been good to go until recently the AMP SIM would show on the display a change in AMP SIM treble setting but the AMP SIM function was not activated (OFF). Did not effect sound and the display was intermitted.(it would flash the treble setting then back to program display. The treble change in the inactive AMP SIM displayed when function is off has stopped. Now I have lost E PIANO2 on the PIANO SELECT. Scrolling thru using my INFO switch(button selector) scrolls up from Grand, Upright, E Piano1, Clavinet, Harpsi. The red arrow completely bypasses the E Piano2 looking at the display show it jumping to Clavinet. I have today updated the Nord to the newest version 2.26, updated to the newest version of midi USB, updated the newest Sound Manager, and downloaded and installed the new restore to Factory file. Only 3 E Piano2 files in the Sound Manager sent to the Nord Via the sound Manager or scrolled to the bank location with the wheel they are displayed correctly sound great but point to the E Piano1 Piano Select but show in the display screen correctly as E Piano2. Am I missing something here or am I seeing ghosts from a missed previous upgrade. Thanks for reading.
Tschanzy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

NS 2 ghost in the system

Sponsor

Re: NS 2 ghost in the system

Postby Tschanzy » 11 Sep 2017, 19:35

My apologies forgot to say Hello to All nice to be back and still loving Big Red.
Tschanzy

Postby Tschanzy » 11 Sep 2017, 20:02

My System is a HP Envy TS i7m quad core 2.4GHz, 16 GB Memory all drivers and BIOS updated including chip set. 4 USB3 ports used with a Presonus 192 interface with Studio One3 Pro using a SSD Black Box Pro for DAW Volume. All running USB 3. Nord Stage 2 HA 88 running Vrs 2.26 , the newest USB Midi driver. All is good just this E Piano2 on the Nord I just can't seem to understand.
Tschanzy

Postby Mr_-G- » 11 Sep 2017, 21:38

Have a look at the latest firmware info at the Clavia site. There is some change of where the pianos reside. Maybe you have no pianos loaded that would appear in the category Epiano2.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by:
Tschanzy
Mr_-G-

Postby Tschanzy » 12 Sep 2017, 18:14

Mr_-G- Will do thank you. I also filled out a ticket with Clavia explaining the suspect abnormality I have been experiencing. It could be in the machine code some how corrupted by my old wiring perhaps. Today I have isolated my system with a dedicated Voltage regulator that I use for the older clubs when I play out, a Furman M-8x AR. Cans seem to sound cleaner. Also before the most recent Version upgrade I experienced the AMP SIM/EQ flashing on the display showing a change in the treble parameter. I have never touched the AMP SIM /EQ setting it has always been off. The erroneous treble change displayed stopped then the lose of the E Piano2 parameter started. This was the catalyst for complete upgrade of all systems in my system to prepare for the version upgrade v2.26, the new Sound Manager with the accompanying Factory Reset. The new S M shows that all E Piano2 (3) are all multiples of E Piano1 from Bank A & B and also the E Piano1's also show in info box as being multiples of E Piano1 which shows a redundancy for E Piano2 as you have suggest I look into. I am very happy with my Nord just trying to avoid hurting her. She could be mad at me, I told her I haven't touched another board.

The author Tschanzy was thanked by:
Mr_-G-
Tschanzy

Postby buggy » 27 Nov 2017, 17:22

I have this also - the wurlitzer 200 seems to have moved to position 7 in electric piano 1 slot - and the electric piano 2 slot is no longer used

this seems a strange software update - it was not explained - and why have a spare slot which is not used for anything now - very poor nord
buggy

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby MrTobbe » 27 Nov 2017, 19:57

Yes, this was explained - the wurli was moved for a good reason:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/l ... te-history

v2.20 (2017-01-24)
Fixed bug where Long/Soft Release would not work as expected with Synth Pianos
Increased the bank size for each Piano category from 9 to 15. Locations above 9 are indicated A-F
This update will move Wurlitzer sounds from the E.Piano 2 to the E.Piano 1 bank, making the E.Piano 2 bank a dedicated Synth Piano bank

And then in v2.26:

v2.26 (2017-08-31)
Layer piano sounds were incorrectly sorted into the Grand bank by the OS (should be the EPiano2 bank). Fixed

Put simply - the Wurtlizer was moved to the E.piano1 category, so that you can put the digital pianos and layers in the E.piano2 category.

Nord Stage 3 sw73
Viscount KeyB Legend Live
Leslie 3300
Korg M3-88, fully expanded
Hammond E112
and a lot more stuff...

The author MrTobbe was thanked by:
Mr_-G-
MrTobbe

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby AlexNagel » 27 Nov 2017, 20:17

MrTobbe wrote:Yes, this was explained - the wurli was moved for a good reason:
(...)

For me, this 'good' reason wasn't so good :-) That's why my NS2 is still on v2.20. I like being able to change quickly and on-the-fly to my Wurli as number 1 of its own category - not being deeply buried between Rhodes patches...
AlexNagel
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mr_-G- » 27 Nov 2017, 20:23

You could change the order of you pianos within a category... or store them in consecutive patches. Yes it is a bit annoying, but at some stage you might want to update the firmware> I think some of the new pianos need that update.
Mr_-G-

Return to Nord Stage Forum