This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Release on Nord Electro 5D

Postby KingJimVI » 07 Sep 2017, 17:06

Hi

Apologies in advance for what I'm sure is a very noobish question!

I have recently purchased my first Nord Keyboard and have managed to download and install some new piano samples - so far so good.

What I am struggling with however is how to extend the release on the piano samples. With all piano sounds whether they be grand, upright, electric etc - the sound cuts off immediately when I release the keys. What I want is for the sound to more naturally fade rather than cutting off abrupty as it does. I've tried the decay/release dial and the long release button, neither of which seem to make any difference.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

James
KingJimVI

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Release on Nord Electro 5D

Sponsor

Re: Release on Nord Electro 5D

Postby anotherscott » 07 Sep 2017, 17:58

KingJimVI wrote:With all piano sounds whether they be grand, upright, electric etc - the sound cuts off immediately when I release the keys. What I want is for the sound to more naturally fade rather than cutting off abrupty as it does. I've tried the decay/release dial and the long release button, neither of which seem to make any difference.

Sorry if this is too obvious an answer, but have you tried using the sustain pedal? I don't know whether you've ever played a real piano, but "cutting off immediately on release" is how they work, with only a very small variation from that which depends to some extent on how worn the felts are (and that much variation is indeed duplicated by using the Long Release button). The only way to get a note that doesn't stop nearly instantaneously upon release is to use the pedal (not counting a handful of keys at the very top which will ring no matter what).
anotherscott

Re: Release on Nord Electro 5D

Postby KingJimVI » 07 Sep 2017, 20:18

The sustain pedal - of course. I told you it was a noob question!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
KingJimVI

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to General Nord Forum