Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Need Satup Advice - Pre Purchase

Postby TopDownDriver » 06 Sep 2017, 21:59

Alright.

Have a Yamaha P70.

I want to use it as a controller on a Nord Electro 5D. I would like to use the Organ patches to have the Yamaha control/play the lower octaves and the Nord control/play the upper octaves. From aa quick glance this seems possible. However...

I have seen it noted that a controller has to be the Upper (is this memory banks, channels, or octaves)?
Also, I have seen it mentioned that you can not have the controller and the Nord both playing the same patch. This doesn't seem right, is it?

If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it. Looking for a good unit with great flexibility and great organ sounds. I thought I found it in the Electro 5D, but if these are true limitations, then this may not work.

Thanks
TopDownDriver

Need Satup Advice - Pre Purchase

Sponsor

Re: Need Satup Advice - Pre Purchase

Postby Bassics101 » 07 Sep 2017, 03:18

Really not sure what you are asking. Lower octaves and upper? Do you mean lower manual and upper manual? Like on a B3? If that is what you are asking, it works perfectly. I use a piano as the lower and the 5d as the upper sometimes. But it is true that the midi in uses the buttons/switches that control "upper" and the 5d lower. But that doesn't matter at all. It's just labels. You can still set the draw bars etc independently for each manual. I guess it is true that they cannot play the same patch for all sounds, but both can play the organ. Hope this helps answer your question.
Bassics101

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Forum