General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Delay in UK Delivery of Stage 3

Postby MarkT56 » 29 Aug 2017, 21:30

Hi guys, I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone but I thought I would share it anyway.

I ordered my Nord stage 3 88 at the beginning of August and was told at the time of my order that I would receive delivery by the last week of August. The music store with which I purchased the Nord is totally blameless for any delay but here is an extract from the email I received from them today which may be of interest to anyone in the UK awaiting delivery of a Stage 3

" Notice Of Production Delay - Nord Stage 3 HA88

I am writing regarding your order for the new Nord Stage 3 HA88 keyboard. I am afraid that we have been informed by Sound Technology (the UK’s Nord Keyboard Distributor) that there is a delay with shipments of the new Stage 3 HA88 model.

In order to maintain the high standards expected of such a flagship instrument, every Nord keyboard is handmade. Worldwide demand for this new model is simply outstripping the production capabilities of the Nord factory in Sweden. In addition to this, factories in Sweden close down for two weeks holiday every summer. This year’s factory shutdown has unfortunately coincided with the launch of the Stage 3 production.

There are no Stage 3 HA88 models arriving into the UK this month and we are awaiting confirmation of when the next shipment will arrive. The situation is the same for all UK Nord keyboard stockists "

The author MarkT56 was thanked by:
Niemandsrose
MarkT56

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Delay in UK Delivery of Stage 3

Sponsor

Re: Delay in UK Delivery of Stage 3

Postby baekgaard » 30 Aug 2017, 07:59

Thanks for sharing.

Delivery sounds similar to other places I've heard of -- except at least some of us were informed about the delay 2-3 months ago through our dealers...

When I ordered mine back in the spring, I got an initial delivery date late August/September. At that time, in Scandinavia the preorders were already 50% more than the predicted supply. I was told hereafter (already in June) that delivery was pushed back to October, which I guess is still the current delivery date for those next in line. But maybe some distributors have been more optimistic, whereas ours here we're maybe was even a bit too pessimistic initially?

Just for the record: Nord supplied a few more keyboards than what was needed for in store demo models, so I luckily did get my HA88 already in July.
Last edited by baekgaard on 30 Aug 2017, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Niemandsrose » 30 Aug 2017, 15:22

Thanks for sharing.
As soon as I read your post I checked the delivery status of my Nord Stage 3 88 as well and I went from 8.9. (which still was the estimated delivery date 4 days ago) to 23.10. (I ordered in germany from thomann.de)
I wonder how reliable that date is... but I guess my next gig end of september will still be with my old gear :(
Last edited by Niemandsrose on 30 Aug 2017, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Niemandsrose

Postby MarkT56 » 31 Aug 2017, 02:00

I have received an updated email which says that the store has been given a shipping date of September but they are saying it will possibly be the last week of September :-((
MarkT56

Postby Niemandsrose » 31 Aug 2017, 16:14

BTW, my delivery date changed again to 13.10.
It seems that the dates change from a day to day basis... Maybe they fix remaining hardware-issues like checking all keyboards for the often reported wheel-bug?
Niemandsrose

Postby stringtapper » 31 Aug 2017, 16:36

It seems like the confluence of technical issues, the announced release coinciding with their region's July/August summer break, and the sheer number of preorders has pushed the "real" release to October everywhere, including North America.
Nord Stage 3 Compact 73//Korg SV-1 88//Radial Key Largo//Boss FS-7//Moog EP-3 x2//2016 MacBook Pro//MainStage 3//Omnisphere 2.6//Komplete 12
stringtapper

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Jo Osantos1 » 31 Aug 2017, 19:56

Guys, don't cry... I pre-ordered my NS3 Compact in 28 of April and still din't get my Unit! They told me 2 weeks ago, that i will get mine on the last week of September...
Jo Osantos1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum