General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

howto place piano (.npno) as a program (.nspg)

Postby kenny danse » 08 Jan 2010, 13:13

Hi,

If I upload a new piano from the piano library to the stage via nord stage manager, it is placed in the Piano section, but not in the Program section. So on the keyboard I can access the piano but not via the wheel. The nord stage manager does not allow me to drag and drop the filetype to the Program section. How do I control the programs under the wheel?

Thanks
Last edited by kenny danse on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
kenny danse

howto place piano (.npno) as a program (.nspg)

Sponsor

Re: howto place piano (.npno) as a program (.nspg)

Postby waaktaar » 10 Jan 2010, 22:30

You just have to select the piano sample in question and save it as a program. This is done on the keyboard.
Last edited by waaktaar on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Stage 76 Revision B
Nord Wave
waaktaar

Postby kenny danse » 03 Feb 2010, 12:50

Thanks!
Last edited by kenny danse on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
kenny danse

Postby pmharth » 09 Nov 2010, 04:38

Whoa-
This is exactly the problem I've been having. I downloaded a 78mb piano sound to my stage 88 ex. The sound manager shows it's been loaded, it's correct size and name. I cannot find the !@#$%^* thing on the instrument, however. I downloaded it tothe piano partition, the only way to do it. You mention saving it as a program. I have no idea how to do this as I am a total loser with computers. All I want to do is play the instrument (I've already wasted 5 hrs trying this). Could you give me a step by step on how to do this? I really appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Pete
Last edited by pmharth on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
pmharth

Postby -Toro- » 09 Nov 2010, 12:16

hi Pmharth.

first, be sure you can erase your already stored programs on your NS. with the Nord Sound Manager you can do a backup of all your programs if you want to. once you've stored a program, the previous program is gone forever!

1. select a PROGRAM.

2. INITIALIZE it by pressing [SHIFT]+ one of the buttons 5, 6, LIVE 1 or LIVE 2. let's say you want to start with a piano, then press [SHIFT]+[LIVE 1].

3. select which piano sample you like. use the [PIANO SELECT] button to change piano "family", and use the [TYPE] button to switch between the different samples within the family. for example, if you have 3 grand piano samples, first press [PIANO SELECT] button to select GRAND and then press the [TYPE] button to switch between 1, 2 and 3 (representing your different grand piano samples).

4. do additional settings, such as effect settings and eq and layerings/splits with the other sections if you like to.

5. press [STORE] twice to save your PROGRAM on current place or use [SHIFT]+[STORE] to save as a different name and/or a different program place.
Last edited by -Toro- on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
Kind regards,
Henrik
Nord Stage 4 88
Yamaha Motif Rack ES
-Toro-
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby pete » 17 Nov 2010, 17:03

Thanks. I tried your suggestions and solved the problem in less than a minute.

Cheers,

Pete
Last edited by pete on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
pete

Return to Nord Stage Forum