Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

What "are" the NL4 add. waveforms?

Postby Execbat » 26 Aug 2017, 11:40

Hi,

The NL4 single cycle waveforms are in categories and obviously "based"on or modeled after an existing instrument or sound. Of course they don't sound "realistic", as they are waves, and not samples.

Some time ago user tsykhra made these sheets of the extra waveforms:
nord-lead-rack-forum-f12/nord-lead-4-waveforms-t9946.html

I can't deduct which instruments are resembled by the waveforms, but it is obvious that there are models, and I would like to know them.

F.ex. in the "organ" section, there are some close to sine waves, presumably 8' registrations, some with full stops, with many overtones. Some might want to model a B3, another a Farfisa etc. "o7" might be a pipe organ with mixture, "o9" with reeds etc. Or in the "classical" section there are presumably flutes, violins etc, but quite unrecognisable in this form of course, but I would be interested what the waves are based on. Same with all the other categories, "electric" is even more a mystery to me.

In the NL these waves are maybe not necessarily best used to recreate these instruments artificially, but to use the waves f.ex. in fm synthesis. Still, I would be very interested to know the models of the waves.

If anyone has some insights in that regard, or found out what some waveforms resemble, any information would be greatly appreciated!
Best Regards!
Last edited by Execbat on 26 Aug 2017, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Execbat

What "are" the NL4 add. waveforms?

Sponsor

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum