General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord Stage 3 freezing in startup

Postby kaassi » 13 Aug 2017, 09:58

Hello.
I have had my NS3 76 for a week now. It was shipped OS v0.94. So, today I thought I would upgrade to OS v1.04. I plugged my usb between NS3 and my mac and powered on my NS3. But it will not start properly. The NS3 freezes at startup-window where it displays the os version. Can´t do anything. No knobs are working, and there is no sound. Any suggestions to this problem?
kaassi

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Nord Stage 3 freezing in startup

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage 3 freezing in startup

Postby KyleM » 13 Aug 2017, 12:27

kaassi wrote:Hello.
I have had my NS3 76 for a week now. It was shipped OS v0.94. So, today I thought I would upgrade to OS v1.04. I plugged my usb between NS3 and my mac and powered on my NS3. But it will not start properly. The NS3 freezes at startup-window where it displays the os version. Can´t do anything. No knobs are working, and there is no sound. Any suggestions to this problem?

Sounds like you need an exchange while you're still under 30 days.
KyleM

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby DanielD71 » 13 Aug 2017, 15:15

Hello
You should check if you have the same issue by plugging the USB after the mac and NS3 are powered up.
If you do not have the issue, it is probably an issue during the NS3 boot up process.

Regards
Daniel
DanielD71

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby enfla » 13 Aug 2017, 17:56

Hi,
I have just the same issue with my NS3 HA88. Updated to OS v1.04 last night from factory version 0.94. Worked fine (before and) right after update, but I didn't turn off/on the keyboard during that process... Fist attempt to start up this afternoon, and the startup display is freezing showing the booting window at the ende of progress. Several attempt to turn off/on doesn't help. As far as I can see there are no option for a rollback of the OS?
I hope Nord deliver an URGENT quickfix for this.... :( Cause until then, my NS3 doesn't work at all...

UPDATE: Read something about "continuous sustain-pedals" on a NS2 thread on this forum. Tried to restart my NS3 after plugging out ALL my pedals (sustain, organ swell ++). AND IT STARTED just fine!! I have a Roland sustainpedal, with an option "Continuous" vs "Switch". Mine was set to "Continuous".
After changing the sustain to "Switch, I plugged in all my pedals, including the Roland sustain, and now my NS3 started just fine! Wow! :crazy: :keyboard2:
Last edited by enfla on 13 Aug 2017, 18:54, edited 2 times in total.
enfla

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby nico4802 » 13 Aug 2017, 21:07

I had the exact problem, I already mentioned it in the "NS3 Bug reports etc." page 4 topic ;)

The author nico4802 was thanked by:
enfla
nico4802

Return to Nord Stage Forum