We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), and Nord Stage 3 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord Stage as a studio keyboard

Postby BuckW » 11 Aug 2017, 13:32

I know it's niche is live performance but I haven't found a keyboard that feels better to me than the Nord semi weighted waterfall.

I already have a Kurzweil MP10 for piano 88 keys but I also want and need a softer keyboard. I know the clean way to have a studio is to have controllers using software synths but the controllers I've been able to actually put my hands on have underwhelmed me. So I've got a stage 3 compact on pre-order from Sweetwater.

Opinions? Am I about to make a mistake?
BuckW

Nord Stage as a studio keyboard

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage as a studio keyboard

Postby fjzingo » 12 Aug 2017, 23:08

A clean setup is a boring setup,

Controllers are yrnerally crap or wirse. Personally I prefer yamaha synth keys on the mobtage motif. Really like the waterfalll on nords for hammond and clavinet.

I also prefer real synts to soft synts due to the connection you feel with a real instrument.
fjzingo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Return to Nord Stage Forum