Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord Electro 5D

Postby Stein » 11 Aug 2017, 18:34

Hi, I wonder if anybody can help me with how to turn on the different sound sections on my Nord Electro 5D keyboard. I want to be able to switch between the piano, organ and synt section and then how to mix the sounds too. I know I can switch between different sounds using the program menu and settlist buttons, but these are all preset functions. I want to find my own sounds, and store them. I don't find any button switching to organ, or piano or synth, and thereunder focus only on sounds for each of these functions. Lets say, I want to use the organ, I want to split the keyboard (I know how to split), have bass at left and solo organ at right. How do I do that, and make use of all the possible sounds at hand? How do I find the church organ, e.g.? I don't find any tutorial explaining this in detail. Even the seller here in Oslo haven't been able to explain it well for me.I need a basic intro to the use of the instrument. Anybody here?
Last edited by Stein on 11 Aug 2017, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Stein

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Nord Electro 5D

Sponsor

Re: Nord Electro 5D

Postby anotherscott » 12 Aug 2017, 17:12

If you're new to it, start by not using the Split function at all. Just stick with one set of controls (either Part Lower or Part Upper, your choice). In that section. You'll see there are a set of LEDs marked Organ, Piano, Synth. If you tap the Select button, it will turn the sound on-or off. If you Shift-Tap the Select button, it will rotate through the three sections. That's how you switch (or "turn on") the different sections, that's the button for "button switching to organ, or piano or synth". There's also a short-cut... instead of Shift-Tap on the Select button, a Double-Tap on the Select button will do the same thing.

One of the very most important things to realize in understanding how to use the NE5D--and something that is not necessarily immediately apparent--is that many buttons have two labels (one label above or to the left of the button, and a second label underneath the button). In order to get the function for the label underneath, you need to hold the Shift button. IMO, this is a user interface shortcoming of the Nord, that this is not as immediately obvious as it should be. If it were me, I would have made the Shift button yellow, and printed all the shift function in yellow instead of in the same white as the other labels. Then it would be much more intuitively obvious that, to get the yellow function, you press the yellow button.

The author anotherscott was thanked by:
Stein
anotherscott

Re: Nord Electro 5D

Postby Stein » 12 Aug 2017, 17:20

Thank you very much, I appreciate your advice and time very much! I will try it out :)
Stein

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Forum