This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Nord Stage 3 Sounds

Postby NAKATOMI » 03 Aug 2017, 21:33

Have since yesterday the north stage 3 76HP and am of the sounds a little disappointed. The piano and orgel section is already quite neat but the synthis are one of a lead a1 not worthy. Is to hope that the next update also times the potential of the leadboard consideration finds. How do you find the current selection of sounds?
NAKATOMI
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Nord Stage 3 Sounds

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage 3 Sounds

Postby anotherscott » 03 Aug 2017, 21:47

NAKATOMI wrote:Have since yesterday the north stage 3 76HP and am of the sounds a little disappointed. The piano and orgel section is already quite neat but the synthis are one of a lead a1 not worthy. Is to hope that the next update also times the potential of the leadboard consideration finds. How do you find the current selection of sounds?

The Nord isn't really a "preset machine," though they do include a bunch of presets which I'd mostly look at as "examples" or "starting points." The real purpose of the A1 synth section is for you to create your own sounds with it. This was discussed a bit in the thread at
general-nord-forum-f29/will-i-be-disappointed-w-synth-patch-selection-t13509.html

Many of the boards from Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Kurzweil are less oriented toward the average user creating their own sounds from scratch... They are more likely to provide tons of nicely programmed presets, and average users will find something close and maybe tweak it a little, with only more advanced users typically creating sounds from scratch. I'd say Nord comes at it more from the other side.

The author anotherscott was thanked by 2 members, including:
maxpianoanalogika
anotherscott

Postby alcools » 04 Aug 2017, 01:13

Don't forget that Nord (Clavia) was primary a vitual analog synthetiser constructor (the first one !). And analog synth sounds are often begining from scratch. You have to learn what's an oscillator, an LFO, an enveloppe, and make your experiments !
Actual synth: Nord Modular G2 - Nord Stage 3 73 - Virus Ti2 - Peak - Prophet 6
Before: Nord Lead 3 & 4, Stage 1&2, Wave, Virus C, DSI Tetra, P12, and few others...
alcools

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Postby Antago » 04 Aug 2017, 01:27

Personally I'm really digging the synth. Granted, I don't have an actual A1 here to compare it to.
The last couple of days I've been making all sorts of programs for my coverband and it's really holding its own for the billboard top 100 type stuff. Sounds rich, crazy when it needs to be and just very versatile.

Previous synth engine I worked with a lot was on the Kronos; which was also great and had many options, but I really like the hands on approach on the NS3 so far.
Last edited by Antago on 04 Aug 2017, 01:30, edited 3 times in total.
Antago

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby derrellpiper » 04 Aug 2017, 03:13

I have an A1 and I don't think the presets are all that great but it's a nice synth engine (with a really crappy keybed)...
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.
derrellpiper

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Postby e8ndave » 06 Aug 2017, 23:44

The A1's strength is in it ability to build your own sounds. I've had mine since they came out and have never used a factory sound in it. I believe the Stage III will be the same. Can't wait!
-Dave
[Nord Stage 3] [Nord Lead A1] [Novation Peak 8] [Deluge] [Cobalt8M] [Base Station II] [PolyBrute] [Subsequent 37]
e8ndave

Postby Nadroj » 08 Aug 2017, 13:11

You have to use the instrument to get the most out of your Nord. Read the manual, learn how it works and I promise you you'll discover the huge potential of the synth engine. A preset ROMpler it is not.
Nadroj
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Return to General Nord Forum