Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Piano 3 repeating issue

Postby Martinsk » 30 Jul 2017, 15:14

Hi everybody!
Can you guys please tell me, if anybody experiences the same issue as I do on Piano 3 with quick repeating white keys? When I want to accent the second one, I can't get the ff spark out form it. On black keys it works awesome but on white keys it works for like one out of five tries.

I've uploaded a video
Watch on youtube.com

Is this as it's supposed to be?
Many thanks!
Martinsk

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Piano 3 repeating issue

Sponsor

Re: Piano 3 repeating issue

Postby lordy » 31 Jul 2017, 15:00

...i had lot of issue with this keyboard. My dealer is cool to take it back, an exchange for a nord stage 3, BUT, now, i am a little desapointed by Nord, noise on release white keys etc, i could
show a video, but i prefer not to...
Nord are cool, but they have to test their new instruments seriously. Reparing my np3 was awful, first, nord sent a new felt, worse than the original, all keys made noise. So the guy found a better felt.
Now the np3 has a better touch, better felt than a brand new np3. Ok, but 1500 km for repairing...pfff...2600 euros instrument. I say no, no, and no
My future ns3, i keep it, i sell it totally new, i take a kronos, i change for flute, i don't know...desapointed
Last edited by lordy on 04 Aug 2017, 16:55, edited 4 times in total.
lordy

Postby lordy » 04 Aug 2017, 16:56

and for your issue Martin, it occurs just on few keys, it is not a triple sensor issue, just the dynamic range of these keys is lower than others notes i think.
lordy

Postby Martinsk » 06 Aug 2017, 22:43

I thing dynamic range is not the cause since when I hit the key separately I can play it in high dynamic range. It occurs only in repetition :?
Last edited by Martinsk on 06 Aug 2017, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
Martinsk

Postby Mr_-G- » 06 Aug 2017, 23:35

Maybe this is a dirty triple-sensor... which makes me think whether triple-sensor keybeds are more likely to go wrong in probabilistic terms than the double-sensor ones.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby SteveNordP3 » 07 Aug 2017, 04:01

Sadly - the Fatar keybed is just the weakest link in an otherwise masterful chain of sound deliciousness.

I hate to admit it because everything else is the holy grail as far as I'm concerned. But playing on the Fatar keybed is a real joy-killer.... do the best you can to work around it. If worse comes to worst, get a real keyboard and use it to control the Nord.

Sorry. Wish this were different.
SteveNordP3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum