We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, and the new Nord Piano 3.

Nord Piano 2 HA88 key action/velocity response

Postby themixtape » 22 Jul 2017, 20:08

So, I sold my Stage 2 and got an NP2 HA88 for almost half the price to replace it as I never needed the organ or synth stuff... and I was severely behind on bills (and didn't want to be without a Nord!)

I noticed the NP2 HA88 has a much quicker velocity response (quicker meaning-- gets to the harder notes quicker, with a lighter touch), than the Stage 2 EX 76. Compared also, via MIDI, to a Yamaha P35, and a Casio Privia PX-5s's keys controlling the Nord sounds....... it seems I can get much more of a realistic response (soft/mellow notes with softer playing) from these two boards, than the actual Nord Piano 2 HA88 keybed.

Thoughts? Thanks!

PS- I wound up re-selling my NP2 for the same price... decided I'm going to wait for a Stage 3 76... the 2GB piano library memory is so useful in a studio setting, which is where I use my Nord mostly (never gig with it).
Last edited by themixtape on 22 Jul 2017, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
themixtape

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Nord Piano 2 HA88 key action/velocity response

Sponsor

Return to Nord Piano Forum