Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 3HP - Half Sustaining

Postby Flyntball » 31 Oct 2011, 17:48

I erroneously posted this in the Stage Forum...

Hello,
I am curious if a "half-sustain" function will be added to the new HP73 in a firmware update? The unit is amazing, but a small feature such as this would be a wonderful addition. Considering the price, I am a little surprised that this option is missing from the get-go, as most other manufacturers offer this feature on keyboards at half (or a third) of the price. Now that I've played a Nord, I don't plan on going back, but again, this would be a welcome addition in a future firmware update.

Thanks,

- Jim
Last edited by Flyntball on 31 Jul 2012, 12:26, edited 2 times in total.
Flyntball

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Electro 3HP - Half Sustaining

Sponsor

Re: Electro 3HP - Half Sustaining

Postby Hanon_CTS » 31 Oct 2011, 19:17

Flyntball wrote:I erroneously posted this in the Stage Forum...

Hello,
I am curious if a "half-sustain" function will be added to the new HP73 in a firmware update? The unit is amazing, but a small feature such as this would be a wonderful addition. Considering the price, I am a little surprised that this option is missing from the get-go, as most other manufacturers offer this feature on keyboards at half (or a third) of the price. Now that I've played a Nord, I don't plan on going back, but again, this would be a welcome addition in a future firmware update.

Thanks,

- Jim

Hello Flyntball,
Welcome to the forums!
Jim,
It's difficult to predict with 100% accuracy what Clavia will do in the future.
This is only speculation on my part, but speculation that comes from a considerable amount of experience with Nord products.
It would require a hardware change in the Electro 3 series to implement half pedaling.
At present, the only half pedaling device that is officially supported by Nord instruments (Stage 2 and Piano) is the Nord Triple Pedal
If I am wrong on this,
TheNordCrew will quickly correct me, as they frequently read the forums.
Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:26, edited 2 times in total.

The author Hanon_CTS was thanked by:
Flyntball
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Electro Forum