Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

MIDI-control to another keyboard

Postby eibinger » 15 Jul 2017, 18:14

Hi, I want to know, whether anyone has experience with the following Problem:
I want to send the transpose-signal out of my Nord5d to my Hammond SK1 - but only the transpose-signal.
Why? Sending this signal, I am sure, that I Play the same key on both Keyboards.

Thanks
Tom
eibinger

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

MIDI-control to another keyboard

Sponsor

Re: MIDI-control to another keyboard

Postby Mr_-G- » 15 Jul 2017, 19:32

I think the Nords do NOT send the transposed signal, except through the Extern section (at least the NS2 can do that, not sure other models).
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby anotherscott » 15 Jul 2017, 19:59

eibinger wrote:Hi, I want to know, whether anyone has experience with the following Problem:
I want to send the transpose-signal out of my Nord5d to my Hammond SK1 - but only the transpose-signal.
Why? Sending this signal, I am sure, that I Play the same key on both Keyboards.

There is no standard MIDI command for Transpose. IOW, there is no such thing as a "transpose signal." When you hit the transpose button on a keyboard, it can shift the MIDI Note commands for each subsequent note you play (so that externally triggered sounds will be "in tune" with the notes you're playing on the keyboard), which could give you the illusion that it sent a transpose command to the other device, but that's not the case... it's just sending pre-transposed note commands out in real time. The transposition is still happening in the host keyboard, not on the other side.

You could consider turning "local off" and routing all your playing through something like the iMidiPatchbay app, which might essentially allow you to do what you want.
Last edited by anotherscott on 15 Jul 2017, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
anotherscott

Postby eibinger » 16 Jul 2017, 10:46

OK, thanks for you great explanations. So I will go on in looking careful for the same key.
eibinger

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Forum