General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

nord stage 2 freezes live

Postby akuaman1 » 12 Jan 2016, 08:38

My Nord Stage2 is freezing while playing in gigs, where cant switch patterns and no sound is playing, so I have to turn it off and an abt 3 times ( while playing live) until it works again, this situation has happened to me twice.
I have a Midi Merger from Midi solutions that i use to merge 2 different midi sources into one: 1) a sequencer step beat pro from Arturia and 2) a foot midi mouse i use to switch nord patches, normally this setup works just fine, does anybody knows if my midi setup could be the cause of the problem?, your help/comments are highly appreciated
akuaman1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

nord stage 2 freezes live

Sponsor

Re: nord stage 2 freezes live

Postby Berretje » 12 Jan 2016, 10:51

Hi,

Just try to exclude this and disconnect the Midi Merger and try to fiddle around for some time.
If this is working properly, it could be the midi merger, or somewhere in your midi configuration/ports of the Nord Stage.

Never seen this before btw.

Gr
Bart
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby RedLeo » 12 Jan 2016, 17:09

You reported your Stage 2 shutting off by itself back in June. Were you using your current MIDI setup at that time as well? If not, and you haven't had your Stage looked at, maybe it's time for a trip to the keyboard doctor.

Last time you thought it was your sustain pedal that was causing your Stage to shut off, but in fact this is extremely unlikely to have been the cause.

Most likely the problem is either with the Stage or with the mains power at the gig. However, if you were getting problems with your Stage before, and it was at a different place, then your Nord itself is again the likely suspect.
RedLeo
Patch Creator

Postby offrhodes » 12 Jan 2016, 17:33

Hi,

could it be humidity? Mexico seems an unlikely place for that but you never know.
If in doubt, I'd put it next to the living room heater for a night so that it dries out properly.

Condensation can be a problem gear is moved from the cold outside into a crowded venue.
It's quite commonly listed in "problems and solutions" of electronics manuals.
On the other hand, stuff made in Sweden is usually good for harsh environments. Wish I still had my old Saab 900 with elk-repellent windshield :)
And I was worried - all the way down to the ground
When it comes to holding safety nets
Nobody seems to be around
offrhodes

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby Herwert » 16 Jul 2017, 10:03

Did you find a solution for this issue? I had the same issue today! No audio, complete freeze of the controls/knobs....happily I had midi out which saved me. After restart 2/3 times I had audio again....
Herwert

Return to Nord Stage Forum