Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Midi notes saved PER preset?

Postby peachnoise » 18 Feb 2017, 10:21

Hi guys

Very quick question, but it's very cool you can set the midi notes to output to other gear. Can this be saved PER preset, thus each pad can be a different note.. then the next preset could have different notes too?. I could make music songs outputting to other gear if that is the case which is something very useful, for example to control external synths in a melodic way?

Thanks
Last edited by peachnoise on 18 Feb 2017, 10:24, edited 2 times in total.

The author peachnoise was thanked by:
jdwosh
peachnoise

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum

Midi notes saved PER preset?

Sponsor

Re: Midi notes saved PER preset?

Postby Nord-Drum-mer » 09 Apr 2017, 16:56

I can't speak to the ND2 or 3p, but this is not possible on ND1.

IE Kit 1 uses MIDI Note #'s 1,2,3,&4, then kit #2 using 5,6,7&8, and so on. You could have 32 kits that just step through the notes on a patch and load 1 per gig.

Did they solve this on the subsequent models? I don't know.

I had 2 different workarounds for this.
#1: make as many patches that I needed in my hardware or software sampler that utilize MIDI note #'s 1,2,3&4 ( use whatever you want, these were just my choice )
I then made a silent program on the ND (#1, but your choice here as well ) and selected the appropriate patch on the other device

#2: in Ableton Live, I used the MIDI transpose to change the notes coming from the ND ( again 1,2,3&4 ) to whatever I needed them to be in a drum rack or whatever; this way, you only need 1 rack with all of your samples AND you can easily layer sounds by racking drum racks.

hope this helps

Ed
Nord-Drum-mer

Postby electrolegs » 11 Apr 2017, 00:43

Thanks for this Ed.

Unfortunately it's global on my 3p. I'm grateful its there already but it would be incredible to have it power present. Maybe a firmware update could solve this?

I really hope the bring out a nord drum 4 with individual outs
electrolegs

Postby GiaGGio » 09 Jul 2017, 12:33

Nord-Drum-mer wrote:I can't speak to the ND2 or 3p, but this is not possible on ND1.

IE Kit 1 uses MIDI Note #'s 1,2,3,&4, then kit #2 using 5,6,7&8, and so on. You could have 32 kits that just step through the notes on a patch and load 1 per gig.

Did they solve this on the subsequent models? I don't know.

I had 2 different workarounds for this.
#1: make as many patches that I needed in my hardware or software sampler that utilize MIDI note #'s 1,2,3&4 ( use whatever you want, these were just my choice )
I then made a silent program on the ND (#1, but your choice here as well ) and selected the appropriate patch on the other device

#2: in Ableton Live, I used the MIDI transpose to change the notes coming from the ND ( again 1,2,3&4 ) to whatever I needed them to be in a drum rack or whatever; this way, you only need 1 rack with all of your samples AND you can easily layer sounds by racking drum racks.

hope this helps

Ed

hi Ed...
i have the same problem with my setup in ableton Live.
how do you transpose the note from ND ???

thanks
Claudio.
GiaGGio

Postby GiaGGio » 09 Jul 2017, 13:52

ok ok i've done.
GiaGGio

Return to Nord Drum Forum