All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Re: Review of CPS Spacestation V.3

Postby cphollis » 07 Jul 2017, 21:39

I would suspect dodgy audio cables as my first choice. Since the side speaker outputs differences between L and R signals, even a little dirt in one channel will be greatly magnified by the SSv3. This came up all the time over at the KC forum when they first became available.

Change your audio cables, and try again?
I think I have gear issues ....

The author cphollis was thanked by:
Oskaar
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Sponsor

A HUGE thank you RE- Review of CPS Spacestation V.3

Postby Oskaar » 01 Jan 2022, 00:53

Howdy,

Putting out a huge THANK YOU to Chuck (cphollis) for your contributions, suggestions, tech pointers, and your very generous sharing of all things Nord, Sound and other very helpful subjects. I'm new to the forum, but took the time to peruse your blog and read up in a number of different forums here at nordkeyboards and others. I'm sure you've been instrumental (see what I did there? ;) ) In any case, thank you so much for your willingness to share and suggest for your experience.

:yourock:

Cheers, and all the best in 2022
Oskaar
Boards:
NS3C, Yamaha S90ES, Rhodes Mk1 88, Roland SH 1000
V-Synth, Juno DS61, Moog Sub 37

Sound:
Behringer XR18, CPSS v.3, BD1200D-Pro; Leslie 60s, JCM800 2203, 1960 lead, 1960 Classic
Oskaar

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby nic cue » 09 Feb 2022, 11:38

Hello everyone,
I just bought this spacestation v3. Very satisfied (sounds very good, and very very practical to use); tried in a band context (blues-rock band), as monitor + single source of amplification for my keyboard: no problem, it is more than enough on its own.
But I plan to play in a trio, playing organ bass left hand, and there I fear that the bass is a bit light. I want to keep light equipment, and I'am thinking of buying an 8" active sub ("The box pro purchase 108 Sub A" for main example). Do you think it will really bring anything, and is it powerful enough for small gigs in bars or pubs (with a quiet drummer!)?
nic cue

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Postby cphollis » 10 Feb 2022, 02:44

I have used the Behringer 12" sub (Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO 500W 12 inch Powered Subwoofer) -- It's small, light and inexpensive. If all I want to do is add some nice low-end to my CPS V.3, it's just about right, but a 500W 12" sub isn't going to do much more than that, but should cover you reasonably well for a moderate volume organ trio. Next step up is a big one in price, etc.
I think I have gear issues ....

The author cphollis was thanked by:
nic cue
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby nic cue » 10 Feb 2022, 15:47

cphollis wrote:I have used the Behringer 12" sub (Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO 500W 12 inch Powered Subwoofer) -- It's small, light and inexpensive. If all I want to do is add some nice low-end to my CPS V.3, it's just about right, but a 500W 12" sub isn't going to do much more than that, but should cover you reasonably well for a moderate volume organ trio. Next step up is a big one in price, etc.

Thank you very much for your reply!
In fact I had read that you use this Berhinger sub on your blog and your review on this forum. I was considering something lighter and more compact.
I'll try this little Pro Achat 8" sub from Thomann (at worst I'll return it if it turns out to be too weak!)
Last edited by nic cue on 10 Feb 2022, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
nic cue

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Previous

Return to Accessories and Amplification