We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, and the new Nord Piano 3.

Noise on USB connection

Postby dhbp-nord » 05 Jul 2017, 00:18

Hi all, not sure if this is specific to just the NP2 but since that is the only Nord I own - has anyone seen this issue:

When I connect my NP2 via USB2 to my mac mini running through a an M-Audio ProFire interface, I am getting digital noise on the signal path. I only use the USB to load sounds with the Nord Sound Manager so not a big deal live, but at home would be nice to be able to leave the USB connected all the time. I have a power conditioner in my rack and everything in the chain is getting power from that so I don't think it's any outside ground interference. The audio for the Nord is connected to the front inputs on the M-Audio but the noise happens even on the headphone output. Interestingly however, the noise goes away when I pull those outputs and run only on headphones, with the USB still connected. Using new good quality short 1/4" cables to get to the M-Audio from the Nord.

Maybe some kind of ground difference between the USB and 1/4" audio outs on the Nord?

Thanks for any tips.

DH
Last edited by dhbp-nord on 05 Jul 2017, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
- Nord Piano 2 HA 88
- Novation SL MKII 61
- Alesis Q88
- StagePas 400i
- M-Audio Profire 610, FireWire Audiophile
- Mac Mini quad i5, 16gb, 1TB SSD, Win7, Reaper
- Omnisphere 2, Keyscape
- Arturia, Komplete, IK suites
- Many other VST
dhbp-nord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Noise on USB connection