General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord Stage 2 problem with External Midi Clock, CRAZY!

Postby giango » 18 Jun 2017, 07:27

Ok guys, so here is a huge problem I just can't seem to work out, let's see if you can help me:

I want to use the External Clock from Ableton Live 9 so I can sync the arpeggiator of my Nord Stage 2 with the external Clock's click, i.e. so when I am playing live with my band, the arpeggiator will start in time with the click that my drummer is hearing, which is coming from Ableton.

In other words:

· Click coming out from Ableton to my drummer's headphones.
· My Nord Stage's Midi In and Out are going via USB to the computer...I'm also hearing the click from Ableton, and I have to come in at a certain time of the song with the Arpeggiator, but when I do, it's a matter of luck if it does come on time, most of the time it's out of sync with the click.

Here is where it gets frustrating:

I bought a Midi In/out to USB cable (VicTsing USB IN-OUT MIDI Cable Converter PC to Music Keyboard Adapter Cord from -- https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Cable-C ... B00ACGMOA6), so I have connected both MIDI In and Out to the Nord Stage 2 and the USB to the computer. I went to Ableton 9 Preferences and pressed the Midi Sync button Input and Output ON from the USB Port 1. Then, when I am in Playback in Ableton with the click activated, the Nord Stage's Master Clock says EXT, so if I change the tempo in Ableton, the Arpeggiator tempo from the Nord will also change. You'd think now it's synced, BUT, the thing is, it actually does not get synced with Ableton's CLICK!

I really hope that syncing the Nord Stage to Ableton doesn't just mean using the tempo of an external source but not actually syncing to the CLICK.

Anybody has experienced this problem?? Is there a wait out of it???!!

HEEEELP! PLEASEEE!
giango

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Nord Stage 2 problem with External Midi Clock, CRAZY!

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage 2 problem with External Midi Clock, CRAZY!

Postby MattC » 19 Jun 2017, 15:31

Why don't you use the USB connection directly from the Nord Stage 2? You don't need an extra USB to Midi Cable...
Does it also happen when you connect directly via standard USB cable?
Last edited by MattC on 19 Jun 2017, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
MattC

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Re: Nord Stage 2 problem with External Midi Clock, CRAZY!

Postby giango » 20 Jun 2017, 03:59

MattC wrote:Why don't you use the USB connection directly from the Nord Stage 2? You don't need an extra USB to Midi Cable...
Does it also happen when you connect directly via standard USB cable?

Yeap it does also happen when I connect it with the Nord Stage 2 USB cable, the thing is that it does get "synced" since it is using the external clock from Ableton, in the Nord it even says EXT, but it does not gets in sync with the click...

Have you ever got in sync with an external click?
giango

Return to Nord Stage Forum