Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Why the current "Crazyness" about modular?

Postby Quai34 » 17 Jun 2017, 22:33

Hi All,
I know, maybe a "stupid" question, but I have the feeling that in the media, online, music specialized magazine, it's all about that...I have never been a big tweaker, more a player, but it's seems strange for me, any inputs?
Last edited by Quai34 on 17 Jun 2017, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Why the current "Crazyness" about modular?

Sponsor

Re: Why the current "Crazyness" about modular?

Postby analogika » 18 Jun 2017, 11:48

I think it's mostly because there is this whole cottage industry that has developed around the Eurorack standard (pioneered, IIRC, by Doepfer), and facilitated by the direct-sales infrastructure of the internet. There are hundreds of tiny boutique fx pedal manufacturers, as well.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby stiiiiiiive » 18 Jun 2017, 17:14

Well, some of us are tweakers, just as you pointed out.
Some of us will enjoy stick a clothes peg under a key just to have their synth droning and having both handes avaialble for turning knobs on it, or on effects. Texture rhyme swith pleasure.
Some like the liberty of setting up the whole architecture for achieving the sound. Doing things from scratch. Questioning any single detail.
Some like going out of the usual paths, architectures etc. They feel like trying new things soundwise.
Some like the liberty of designing a system that allows all that.
Minkovski FB
Toxic Overdrive Deezer
DNOT Deezer FB
stiiiiiiive

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby Gustavo » 19 Jun 2017, 01:18

I think it has to do a lot with the goal trend of personalization.

With eurorack you get your very own personalized electronic instrument, it can be a mono synth, a standalone groove studio, an FX processor... It can be almost anything you want/need provided you have enough money and rackspace.

That level of customization is very attractive to many. And to people who do this as a hobby it is a cool thing to slowly build up your own setup.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
Synths: Nord Stage 2 SW, Nord Lead 4R, Vintage Vibe 64 Active, Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2, Minimoog Voyager, Prophet 6, Korg Volcas
Stand: K&M Spider Pro and Hercules X Stands
Recording: Zoom UAC-8
Speakers: EV ELXP 112-P, Event Alp 5
Gustavo
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum