Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 4 SW - Key only functions when playing organ section

Postby mkennon10 » 13 Jun 2017, 17:26

Hello all! Hopefully someone out there can help me out with an issue I've been having.

On my Nord Electro 4 SW73, the C#5 key does not trigger anything at all when the keyboard is set to the Piano/sample section. This includes external MIDI - no signal. It is definitely a problem with the key itself - when I shift octaves I can sound the note that the problematic key should be able to sound, from anywhere else on the keyboard.

However, when I switch over to the Organ section, there are no problems whatsoever. My guess is there is something wrong with the pressure sensitivity, as it is only present in the piano/sample section.Anyone else have this problem or have any advice? Thanks for your help!
mkennon10

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Electro 4 SW - Key only functions when playing organ section

Sponsor

Re: Electro 4 SW - Key only functions when playing organ sec

Postby mon8169 » 15 Jun 2017, 14:13

No. It shoud be dust in the contact, in the second one, to be precise, that tells the note velocity of the key. For this reason you can still hear the organ, because it doesn't need any velocity information and it has enough with the first contact.

Ramon
Cheers!
Ramon

Nord Stage Classic 76, Cantabile with Pianoteq, IK Hammond B-3X, NI B4-II and others.

The author mon8169 was thanked by:
pablomastodon
mon8169
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Re: Electro 4 SW - Key only functions when playing organ sec

Postby pablomastodon » 16 Jun 2017, 09:06

contact cleaning will definitely cure that problem

this cleaning operation requires almost complete disassembly of the entire keyboard; unless you have considerable tech skills, you are best advised to leave the cleaning job to a pro.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Electro Forum