General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: NS2 Dual KB sustain pedal issue

Postby maxpiano » 07 Nov 2014, 08:06

Berretje wrote:
maxpiano wrote:The workaround for this case is: don't use the Dual Keybd, just drive the Slot B with the Master, this way the NS2 pedals are still active on slot B

That's the same as buying a car with airconditioning and don't use the airco.
I'm using the DualKeyb function because I play the organ with lightweight keys (midi keyboard) because it's not very comfortable playing organ with weighted keys.

I don't see the analogy, with that workaround you can still play the organ with lightweight keys.... the only caveat is that you can't "see" the slot B settings (because if you switch to slot B then also the NS2 keybaord will play it) but apart from that (which,I agree, may be a problem in some cases) there is no practical difference.
Last edited by maxpiano on 07 Nov 2014, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby mtier0067 » 08 Nov 2014, 21:34

I didn't remember that you can just keep sections of Slot B on but not assigned to any regions of the keyboard... I think it will work fine but I still think that there should just be a slot focused local on/off function in the stage 2. It seems like it would be an easy thing to implement in a new os update. It's probably much more complicated than I think but this is something that we deserve in a top of the line keyboard. I'll just need to go through and change all of the keyboard zones for slot b to not be assigned to any zones. This makes splits on the weighted keyboard not possible correct?? Another problem with the work around...
@ Home
'52 Hammond C2 w Trek Perc
'62 Leslie 145 w/ Speed Control
'76 MKI Rhodes Suitcase 73
Samick Studio Upright

Live
Stage 2 73 SW
Studiologic Acuna 73
Moog Grandmother
Leslie 3300
Leslie LS2215
Custom Stage Enclosure/Stand
mtier0067

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby mtier0067 » 09 Nov 2014, 00:14

So I just messed around with the stage 2 and weighted controller keyboard midi'd on channel 1 for a bit.

The best way that I found to utilize all of the powers of the stage is to do this...

Midi the second keyboard on ch 1
Set the slot b organ, piano, and synth midi ch to midi 1
Attach a sustain pedal to the second keyboard's sustain input
Attach a sustain pedal to the stage and set the sustain pedal function to rotary toggle and sustain this way there is not repeat in pedals on the ground and you still get the rotary slow fast function for organs.
Turn on the sounds that you want on each slot. If you only want the sound to be played by the second keyboard, assign it to no zones but still active. Double press the on/off till no zones are lit up. (if the stage's piano, synth, and organ are not assigned a midi channel in the midi system menu, it will not allow you to do this so make sure that is done first...)
Activate both slots a and b on the stage2
This way, your swell and control pedals do everything that you need on either slot. Your sustain pedals are separated per slot and you can always rely that each slot is active regardless of where the stage's panel is focused.

You can also assign instruments to both the weighted keyboard and the stage 2 keyboard which preserves the power of the stage to layer multiple pianos, synths, etc.

Hope this helps people trying to do a 2 keyboard set up with the stage!
@ Home
'52 Hammond C2 w Trek Perc
'62 Leslie 145 w/ Speed Control
'76 MKI Rhodes Suitcase 73
Samick Studio Upright

Live
Stage 2 73 SW
Studiologic Acuna 73
Moog Grandmother
Leslie 3300
Leslie LS2215
Custom Stage Enclosure/Stand
mtier0067

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby MartinJ2EX » 15 Jun 2017, 19:55

cormaccurran wrote:Got an e-mail back from Nord.

"Sorry about this, it is an unfortunate bug that will be addressed in a future update.

Best regards,
Tomas Johansson
Product Manager - Clavia DMI AB"

Hopefully the update comes sooner rather than later...

C

Nearly 6 years later and still not fixed..... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :o :o :o :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nord Stage 4 88 | Stage 2 EX 88
Numa Organ 2 | DX7 IIFD | JX-08
SL 61mk3 | opsix | UB-Xa

Live Musician since 2010
> My Website <

Sugar Sharks | Hertha Band
MartinJ2EX
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum