This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Once Again....will there be a Stage 3?

Postby Padarapla » 14 Jun 2017, 19:21

simajanpa wrote:
cphollis wrote:Look, the only way we're going to learn about the Stage 3 is for you to buy a current Stage 2 EX. The day it arrives, we'll get the news. It's all in your hands!

Well Chuck, you were absolutely correct, I bought the Stage 2ex 73 less than a month ago, the Stage 3 is now here, so I sent the Stage 2 back and will wait a few months for the Stage 3 to be available.

I loved the Stage2 but I was wrong, the 3 checks all the boxes that the 2 didn't. Yes it will cost me plenty more, but at this point in my life it will be my last keyboard purchase.....you know until the 4 or 5 comes out ;)

Cheers
Paul

Hi guys. I am on a similar page here... I was really looking forward for my first Nord. About a month ago I bought the Nord Stage 2 EX HP 76. After receiving it I realized Nord Stage 3 was just about to be released, so I returned it. Looking at the new features, I could perfectly live without the new additions but it was more about the conservation of value that I was worried about. I just didn't want to buy something that would drop its value a couple of months afterwards.

The current price difference between the 2 and 3 is just a couple of hundred Euro, so I am not sure what do you refer to when saying that "(the 3) will cost me plenty more". Currently they are worth roughly the same (i.e., before its release). In my case, if 2/3 months after the release of the series 3, the price difference is still the same, then I will obviously go for the 3. However, if the price of the stage 2 decreases in the coming months, then I will go for the latter.

What do you think is gonna happen in the coming 2/3months?
Padarapla

Sponsor

Postby DJKeys » 14 Jun 2017, 19:46

Please keep in mind that all electronic instruments drop in value. However, it is my experience that over the long haul, Nord has the best resale value of any keyboard, better than Yamaha, Korg, Roland, etc. I have had an Electro 3 and a Wave and sold them used for close to the price I paid after two years.

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby nchavalle » 14 Jun 2017, 22:14

Padarapla wrote:
simajanpa wrote:
cphollis wrote:Look, the only way we're going to learn about the Stage 3 is for you to buy a current Stage 2 EX. The day it arrives, we'll get the news. It's all in your hands!

Well Chuck, you were absolutely correct, I bought the Stage 2ex 73 less than a month ago, the Stage 3 is now here, so I sent the Stage 2 back and will wait a few months for the Stage 3 to be available.

I loved the Stage2 but I was wrong, the 3 checks all the boxes that the 2 didn't. Yes it will cost me plenty more, but at this point in my life it will be my last keyboard purchase.....you know until the 4 or 5 comes out ;)

Cheers
Paul

Hi guys. I am on a similar page here... I was really looking forward for my first Nord. About a month ago I bought the Nord Stage 2 EX HP 76. After receiving it I realized Nord Stage 3 was just about to be released, so I returned it. Looking at the new features, I could perfectly live without the new additions but it was more about the conservation of value that I was worried about. I just didn't want to buy something that would drop its value a couple of months afterwards.

The current price difference between the 2 and 3 is just a couple of hundred Euro, so I am not sure what do you refer to when saying that "(the 3) will cost me plenty more". Currently they are worth roughly the same (i.e., before its release). In my case, if 2/3 months after the release of the series 3, the price difference is still the same, then I will obviously go for the 3. However, if the price of the stage 2 decreases in the coming months, then I will go for the latter.

What do you think is gonna happen in the coming 2/3months?

price of the stage2 has dropped already to lowest price it has ever been, i don't think they'll go further ( uk ,)
nchavalle

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby Padarapla » 15 Jun 2017, 09:15

Currently the difference between the Stage HP version is of 400 eur (series 3 vs series 2 ex). So I am guessing retailers and distributors will want to get rid of the series 2, which may give them incentives to sell it at lower prices, perhaps..?
Padarapla

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum