We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
Share and download User samples (*.nsmp or *.nwiproj and sample files) created for the Nord Wave, Nord Electro 3/4, Nord Stage 2, and the new Nord Piano 2.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

1974 Dulcimer

Postby Nanawel » 31 May 2017, 17:53

Hi all,

I spent a little time trying to get a virtual version of 1974 Dulcimer of my stepfather !

I was seeking for realism, natural vibe and a warm woody sound and feel, something directly inspiring. With the feel of pick attack.
I made a precise mic placement and tracked stereo sample of every string in different tunings, to expand initial capacity of the instrument with full sustain. I added some fifth chords, hand percs, slides…

Record : XY pair of Neumann KM184 —> Preamp + EQ Universal audio 2-610 channel—> Universal audio apollo converters.
Edit : soft tuning correction with melodyne and denoise with izotope RX5 and nothing more.

Demo is played on the Nord. I layered the ns2p program with a pad version of dulcimer, that you can hear at the end of the demo. Another mp3 with all samples dry.

I'm selling it on my website in two versions : Nord nsmp & ns2p only or with Exs instrument + individual wav files.
You'll find it here :
https://www.anaelpin.fr/produit/1974-mountain-dulcimer-nord/

Cheers !

Attachments
SAMPLED DULCIMER ALL KEYS DEMO.mp3
(1002.98 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
SAMPLED DULCIMER DEMO.mp3
(2.68 MiB) Downloaded 1292 times

The author Nanawel was thanked by 4 members, including:
Push-PullBuckWharmonizerChillOnTheSun
Nanawel
Patch Creator

1974 Dulcimer

Sponsor

Re: 1974 Dulcimer

Postby harmonizer » 31 May 2017, 21:18

This is cool.

The author harmonizer was thanked by:
Nanawel
harmonizer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby mon8169 » 03 Jun 2017, 08:37

Sweet! Well done!
Cheers!
Ramon

Nord Stage Classic 76, SM V-Machine

The author mon8169 was thanked by:
Nanawel
mon8169
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Postby BuckW » 26 Jun 2017, 14:03

Much obliged! Reminds me of the hammered dulcimer or cymballon used by Hans Zimmer in one of the Sherlock Holmes soundtracks. What a great 19th century sound!
BuckW

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp samples)