This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Nord Electro 5D effects problem

Postby Rws205 » 30 May 2017, 15:14

Hello,

I need someone's technical advice please.

I purchased a Nord Electro 5d 73 key just over a year ago from a distributor in the UK.

A few months ago, the effects unit on the keyboard started going 'crazy', turning itself on and off, changing effects, effects flicker on and off. This happened when I played the keyboard and also even when I didn't touch anything, including not touching the keys. This shouldn't happen, as I have taken very good care of this synthesiser and I've not had it long, played it once a week. I'm using a sturdy keyboard stand too, as i worried that the bass and drum vibrations from my band may have effected the circuit inside the synth. Nevertheless, the instrument should be tested for these 'noisy' environments, right?

I took it into the shop, they updated the OS and sent it to Nord to be repaired; after it worked fine....

However, again after a few months, this has just occurred again.

I updated the OS today, hoping that this would resolve the issue, but i started playing it shortly after and for some samples, the effects came on again, and it seems like when i hit the keys harder it's more likely to happen. Last night in my band's rehearsal, after the first hour, the issue appeared and my Nord didn't like drum and bass vibrations from my band- the effects went 'crazy', on and off etc.

Are there any solutions for this? It seems like a hardware issue, rather than a software issue. I've emailed the shop where i originally got it, asked for a replacement this time, rather than a fix, as i fear that it will happen again. It's probably just outside the warranty guarantee, but nevertheless, i'm not impressed here.

All the best
Rws205

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Nord Electro 5D effects problem

Sponsor

Re: Nord Electro 5D effects problem

Postby Mr_-G- » 30 May 2017, 21:47

In the EU, you should be covered by a 2 year warranty, and sometimes the shops give you an extra year too.
If vibration is setting the weird behaviour, then I wonder if it could be some contact/connector that is barely making a connection.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to General Nord Forum