General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

I keep accidently hitting the transpose button

Postby dcraftfrombr » 21 May 2017, 19:55

On my Stage 2, on certain songs I consistently accidently hit the transpose button while playing. A solution would be to install a clear plastic cover over the switch, preferably with a hinge so that I would flip open the cover when I need to actually press transpose. My question is where can I find such a thing? I even thought about trying to 3d print one, but I don't know that I'm ready to learn how to do so.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dale
dcraftfrombr

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

I keep accidently hitting the transpose button

Sponsor

Re: I keep accidently hitting the transpose button

Postby jonilikeskeys » 21 May 2017, 23:22

Hey Dale,
you should look in some sort of military shop. You know when you launch an explosion or a rocket, you always have these plastic covers on the knobs ;)
No, seriously.. I heard of this happening - I think this is the reason they moved that knob to the upper side of the panel on the Nord Stage 3..
The number of semitones transposed by the transpose button can be set to each program individually. So.. as far as I know it is possible to set the transpose function to zero semitones. If it happens - as you say - on certain songs, you might think about setting the transpose function to zero semitones in these certain programs. So once you press it accidentally, it won't transpose (TRANSPOSE ON = 0 semitones -> no transpose). This is not a perfect solution, and I can't test it right now, but you could give it a shot..
Have a good one ;)
Last edited by jonilikeskeys on 21 May 2017, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

The author jonilikeskeys was thanked by:
Mr_-G-
jonilikeskeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Mr_-G- » 22 May 2017, 00:35

Yes, the zero transpose works.
Mr_-G-

Postby dcraftfrombr » 22 May 2017, 01:54

Will try that. Thanks.
dcraftfrombr

Postby sus_4 » 23 May 2017, 18:18

I had the same issue. Since I never use the transpose function, all I had to do was save each program with transpose set at "zero". You may want to try this trick on all programs that don't require a transposition.
Nord Stage 3 SW73, Nord Electro 2 61, Behringer Model D, Studiologic SL88, Roli Seaboard Rise/Block, Korg Monologue, Yamaha Reface CP/DX, Lounsberry Tall & Fat / Organ Grinder, Neo Instruments Vent, CPS SS v.3, Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO.
sus_4

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby jdwosh » 23 May 2017, 18:52

I keep randomly hitting various buttons while playing the NP3 and inadvertently changing parameters or sounds. This happens maybe once in every ten three hour practice sessions, usually while turning pages quickly in my 3 ring music binder. So not real frequent but nevertheless annoying. I kind of wish Nord had a "lock" button like many other keyboards. It's not that I'm a klutz, having played piano and keyboards for more than 50 years.
jdwosh

Postby Slowdownbuddy » 02 Oct 2023, 20:49

How do you get to 'zero' 0 on the Transpose? I only get +1 or -1 on my Nord Piano 5. The transpose button is also the Mono button, which I use a lot so a button 'lock' is not ideal for me. If I could get the Transpose to 'zero' 0 then it wouldn't jump a semitone when hit accidentally. No help in the manual. Any advice?
Slowdownbuddy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Return to Nord Stage Forum