Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Can I save a transposition into a set list song

Postby clinkmd » 12 May 2017, 00:51

"Superstition" is much easier to play in Eb but the guitarists have us doing it in E.

I could try to remember to transpose it before we start (there is time during the drum intro), but it would be easier to have it set up ahead of time. The NE5 didn't seem to want to save a transposed version. Am I missing a step* in the process or is this not doable?

*Unintentional puns are the best kind.
clinkmd

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Can I save a transposition into a set list song

Sponsor

Re: Can I save a transposition into a set list song

Postby Lee Batchelor » 12 May 2017, 02:49

Clinkmd, set up a Program called "Superstition" first with the transposition, and then use the Set List function to point to your Superstition Program. Changes to the Set List settings are not retained. You must always build a corresponding Program first for each song in the Set List. Hope this helps.
- Lee
Lee Batchelor

Postby clinkmd » 12 May 2017, 04:47

Thanks. I figured I was missing a step.

Still on the steep part of the learning curve.
clinkmd

Postby Lee Batchelor » 12 May 2017, 13:13

Glad to help :).

Here's another neat trick while in Set List mode. Let's say you open Superstition in Set List mode, decide you want to add a wah effect or something else. You do that but need to switch to another song because of a last second change by the singer or lead guitarist. When you go back to Superstition, your wah effects and other changes are still there PROVIDING you stay in Set List Mode. That is a really nice feature. However, if you go back to Program mode, the changes to Superstition are lost. To retain the wah effect, you need to make them permanent by modifying the Program. There you go.

- Lee

The author Lee Batchelor was thanked by 3 members, including:
sveltefoxclinkmdOutliar Tom
Lee Batchelor

Postby clinkmd » 17 May 2017, 15:04

Lee Batchelor wrote:Glad to help :).

Here's another neat trick while in Set List mode. Let's say you open Superstition in Set List mode, decide you want to add a wah effect or something else. You do that but need to switch to another song because of a last second change by the singer or lead guitarist. When you go back to Superstition, your wah effects and other changes are still there PROVIDING you stay in Set List Mode. That is a really nice feature. However, if you go back to Program mode, the changes to Superstition are lost. To retain the wah effect, you need to make them permanent by modifying the Program. There you go.

- Lee

Good to know. This also explains why it seemed that I was saving changes only to have them gone when I went back later.
clinkmd

Postby criss » 19 May 2017, 16:17

Also, you can save directly from the "Set List" mode: hold A (or B, C, D) while pressing Store button (but affecting that Program settings).
NE5D, NLA1, BS2, Boog, TX81Z, JV-1080, A33, AX-Synth, PC3K6, M350, BeatstepP. etc.
criss

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby Lee Batchelor » 19 May 2017, 16:28

Forgot about that, Criss. Thanks for the input. I am in error, Clinkmd. You CAN modify a Program setting from Set List mode and have it "stick." Sorry 'bout that.
Lee Batchelor

Postby dkernohan » 20 May 2017, 11:56

clinkmd wrote:"Superstition" is much easier to play in Eb but the guitarists have us doing it in E.

Re-educate the guitarists.
dkernohan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby clinkmd » 20 May 2017, 22:57

criss wrote:Also, you can save directly from the "Set List" mode: hold A (or B, C, D) while pressing Store button (but affecting that Program settings).

Thanks so much! This is far more convenient and makes a lot more sense. I can't say that the NE5 manual is as useful as it could be.
clinkmd

Postby Keyzz83 » 07 Aug 2018, 19:43

I am trying to save a program to be transposed aswell but cannot eat it to stick. Could anyone give me a step by step? I went to an empty spot on setlist and created a program there but it reverts back. What am I missing?
Keyzz83

Next

Return to Nord Electro Forum