All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Buying second hand QSC K10 (or any powered speaker)

Postby KyleM » 13 May 2017, 06:58

I've always heard when it comes to electronics it's best to buy new. With that in mind I w seen a lot of people recommending second hand powered PA Speakers as an option for those on the financially challenged side of the spectrum

Wouldn't used speaker cones be succeptible to damage after lots of use? If so, how much would it cost to have as QSC k10 repaired? Lots I would think...

Anyways, I want to get a K10 or K12. Buying one now and eventually another later, but part of me is saying I should get a PAIR OF Alto TS210. Or TS212 so I can run in stereo.

I guess my question is, should I go for 1 new QSC, 2 new TS10 or NEW alto Ts12? I want to use it as an amp onstage and want the rotary effect to shine through
KyleM

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Buying second hand QSC K10 (or any powered speaker)

Sponsor

Re: Buying second hand QSC K10 (or any powered speaker)

Postby KyleM » 13 May 2017, 07:03

I'm so torn up between 10 inch and 12 speakers right now and I'll never be able to afford two... unless I go with ALTO and then I'm thinking just go with a used QSC and keep my fingers crossed... I just want my Nord organ sounds to shine. And give people as close to the feeling they have when they hear a real Leslie cabinet.
KyleM

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Buying second hand QSC K10 (or any powered speaker)

Postby cphollis » 13 May 2017, 09:23

Good time to be in the market for a QSC K series if that's what you want.

QSC just introduced a new K.2 series (2000 vs 1000 watts, a few other minor enhancements) at the same price points as the previous ones. That means examples of the previous models are significantly discounted now if you call any internet retailer who still has them in stock. I may pick up a few more.

It also will drive down the price of used ones once the clueless Craiglist types realize what's happened to their QSC K series. Just like with cars, when an all-new model comes out, it drives down the price of the older ones in a big way.

I have a pair each of the K8s, K10s and K12s for several years. Zero issues. I know several musos who have them, same story. I would have zero hesitation in buying a used K series that hasn't been abused. Rock solid. And lots of techs can repair them.

And now, even more bang for the buck.
Last edited by cphollis on 13 May 2017, 09:25, edited 2 times in total.
I think I have gear issues ....

The author cphollis was thanked by:
Eisenhans
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Return to Accessories and Amplification