This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Thunder and rain samples

Postby Magical01 » 08 May 2017, 09:50

Hello,

Recently purchased Nord piano 3. I sometimes play Riders on the storm with the band.
I was assuming I could download thunder and rain samples and designate them them to the top octave, but I don't seem to be able to find such samples.
Does anyone have any advice for this.
Many thanks
Magical01

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Thunder and rain samples

Sponsor

Re: Thunder and rain samples

Postby Johannes » 08 May 2017, 10:18

Hi,
this should be perfectly doable: just set a split setup with the Sample section to the highest octave and load a sample with the thunder etc. E.g., here I put one I use (on a compact, though, so basically on the F7 note, might need to get adjusted for the Piano): nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/programs-for-songs-from-the-doors-t5587.html

cheers

The author Johannes was thanked by:
Magical01
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Leo Castro » 08 May 2017, 16:07

Nord Stage 2 - Roland Juno G - Moog MG-1 - Alesis Vortex 2 - Yamaha DX7llD

The author Leo Castro was thanked by 2 members, including:
Magical01Johannes
Leo Castro
Patch Creator

Postby Magical01 » 10 May 2017, 09:43

Hi folks,
Thanks for your responses but I'm really not having much luck with this. johannes, I downloaded your sample attachement to my computer no problem there, but when I click on download in the Nord sound manager and try to drag the file across it tells me that your files are"ns2files" and are not compatable. Could this be right? Surely a NP 3 can use the same samples as a NS 2 or 3!
Where else could I find these samples? Where is this huge library of samples Nord keep talking about. I found something on nord website but it was mainly keyboard samples and strings etc. My Roland fp 5 from 15 years ago had a whole bank of mostly ridiculous sounds that you never use, birds chirping, dogs barking but every now and again there's an application for some of them.
Thank you in advance for any tips.
Alex
Magical01

Postby Leo Castro » 10 May 2017, 13:04

Hi, there are 2 types of files on Johannes bank, your Nord Piano 2 can download the .nsmp samples, not the stage programs.
The wanted file is called: Riders on the storm an is 1778Kb in size.
Good luck

The author Leo Castro was thanked by:
Magical01
Leo Castro
Patch Creator

Postby Magical01 » 10 May 2017, 14:10

Hi, thanks for that, back to the drawing board then! It's a Nord Piano 3 that i have. I assume that's ok for the nsmp samples??
Magical01

Postby Leo Castro » 11 May 2017, 16:44

SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
The Sample Synth section in the Nord Piano 3 has 256 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 2.0 - our essential selection of high quality sampled sounds from a wide range of genres including the exclusively licensed sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin.

The Nord Sample Library 2.0 is constantly updated and new additions can be downloaded for free! See the Nord Sample Library 2.0 to learn more and to listen to the sounds available.
Leo Castro
Patch Creator

Postby Magical01 » 03 Jul 2017, 11:47

Hello, I return to this thread after countless hours trying to download thunder and rain patches for use in Riders on the Storm.
I have downloaded the folder of doors files from Johannes I managed to drag across into Nord Sound mnger the file that Leo Castro pointed out 1778 kb it even showed up on my Oled display on the keyboard but then nothing. I wasn't able to assign to another key and no sound came from the keyboard.
Are these files definitely compatible with the Nord Piano 3???
Is there anywhere on the Nord Sound library that deals with sound effects? eg jet planes, dogs barking, birds cheeping etc. These sounds are fairly standard with Roland keyboards.
Thanks in advance.
Magical01

Postby voodoo » 03 Jul 2017, 14:06

Magical01 wrote:Is there anywhere on the Nord Sound library that deals with sound effects? eg jet planes, dogs barking, birds cheeping etc. These sounds are fairly standard with Roland keyboards.
Thanks in advance.

Yes, this is standard for General Midi GM (oder Roland General Sound GS) sound sets. But that's not what a Nord keyboard is made for. ;)

Uli
voodoo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Magical01 » 05 Jul 2017, 11:26

Well, it's a sample keyboard with sample editing software. I would imagine that putting samples on easily and intuitively is exactly what a Nord keyboard is made for!!!
Magical01

Next

Return to General Nord Forum