Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Longtime Nord fan new to this forum

Postby clinkmd » 24 Apr 2017, 01:45

I can't believe I never ran across this forum before!

I had a NE1 61, still have an old reliable NE2 73 and a C1 that's been gathering dust in a friend's studio for a few years. Looking to sell them both and get a NE5D 73. I think I can set it up to go as a single KB for 90% of my work.

I always get compliments on the Electro and am hoping the improved acoustic pianos, Hammond emulator and functionality will up my game a bit. I'm not a Hammond player but am looking forward to having real drawbars to
Mess around with.

Looking forward to making this my "go to" resource for Nord. Thank you to the folks who run this forum.
clinkmd

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Longtime Nord fan new to this forum

Sponsor

Re: Longtime Nord fan new to this forum

Postby voodoo » 24 Apr 2017, 09:43

Hi,

welcome to this forum. I also purchased a NE5D 73 some weeks ago. I think this is a good choice, offering a great organ with drawbars and newest Leslie, 1 GB of piano memory, OLED display, and of course split and layer. I was thinking about upgrading to the upcoming Nord Stage 3 compact, but that will be at approx. the double price.

Uli
voodoo

Postby clinkmd » 02 May 2017, 16:09

Picked it up yesterday and had a few hours to try it out.

I like the improved Hammond and drawbars. Acoustic pianos are much better.

The user interface is much less user-friendly and intuitive. I probably need to go through the manual closely. I ran through all the presets and most will be pitched as will most of the synth section sounds.

I have not started trying to set up my own preferences or organize them. I already miss the simplicity of the NE2. I had a bank for each instrument with various effects, etc. One bank had eight identical acoustic piano patches and another had eight identical basic Hammond patches. That way no matter where I was I was one tap away from my two basic sounds. Very simple to navigate and switch in mid-tune.

I'm sure the new interface will prove to be very useful, I just haven't dived into it yet.
clinkmd

Postby benny ray » 02 May 2017, 18:48

You can use the Setlist function to group your sounds if you like. Here is a video on how to do this.

https://youtu.be/3bNfQwzYp9A?t=22
benny ray

Return to Nord Electro Forum