General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord Stage 2ex freezing

Postby LudovicVDP » 27 Apr 2017, 09:09

Hi there,

Yesterday, I was home, working on sounds with my NS2ex.
I was playing (a synth sound) when the NS froze and the sounds kept going :shock: . Couldn't stop it. None of the NS buttons worked anymore. Even the Panic function did not work. No matter what I did/touched/tweaked/activated/deactivated on the board, it had no effect. I finally had to turn it off and on again and everything went back to normal.

The NS was plugged to my computer but I don't use Ableton to send messages to the NS. I simply use the NS in an audio track. So the problem should not come from the computer.

My NS2ex is only a few months old. I'm not yet panicking... as long as it doesn't do that every week.
How many of you have had the same thing? How often does it occur?

Thanks
LudovicVDP

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Nord Stage 2ex freezing

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage 2ex freezing

Postby KyleM » 27 Apr 2017, 10:22

Ah man, sorry to hear that. I'm no technician but if st all possible I would make a video of the issue so you can show the techs what is happening, then reinstall the OS software and maybe reinstall the sound bank too. Probably want to get into contact with Nord, and go from there. I don't have an EX by in the NS2 I've never personally had this issue, and as much as I frequent this message board I can't say I've read that exact issue, but i do know that it's not supposed to do that . :-D Good luck man brother.
KyleM

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby LudovicVDP » 27 Apr 2017, 12:16

Hi,
Thanks
Only happened once. Can't think of a thing I did that triggered the issue. I was simply playing. And I spent another hour playing afterwards without problem.
Can't make any video as I won't be filming every time I play "hoping" it happens again.

I'd rather hope it was just a one time bug... :-)
LudovicVDP

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby maxpiano » 27 Apr 2017, 16:37

Maybe an electric glitch (power cable not well plugged into the NS, for example, or plug-outlet not well connected together or having a small gap causing instable contact...)
Last edited by maxpiano on 27 Apr 2017, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum