Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord Electro 5 - Power On/Off switch latch broken

Postby MescaL636 » 26 Apr 2017, 20:57

Hi all,

I just encountered a weird issue this evening after bringing my keyboard back from practice. The latch for the On/Off Power switch on my NE5 appears to be broken.

The NE5 will still power on if you hold the switch down, but it will not click itself into this On position, it always bounces back to Off.

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this before, and if it might be a quick fix without having to sort a replacement part? I've opened up NE2's/3's plenty of times to perform key contact repairs.

The board is only 3 months old, and I'm guessing that I'll have to get this repaired/fixed under Warranty. Currently living in the UK, just trying to avoid the down time as this is already my second NE5 due to a previous broken key issue.

Cheers,
Nick
MescaL636

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Nord Electro 5 - Power On/Off switch latch broken

Sponsor

Re: Nord Electro 5 - Power On/Off switch latch broken

Postby Lee Batchelor » 26 Apr 2017, 22:17

Never had that problem, Nick. Sorry to hear of yours. Despite the inconvenience, I'd get it fixed under warranty. I have dealt with a very large music store chain in Canada for years and have spent some serious dollars with them. When I have a similar issue, they have no problem giving me a loner. Perhaps your store can do the same? We're not talking about a $300 toy piano. The Nord is expensive! Perhaps they'll ante up. Good luck my friend :).
Last edited by Lee Batchelor on 26 Apr 2017, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Batchelor

Re: Nord Electro 5 - Power On/Off switch latch broken

Postby MescaL636 » 27 Apr 2017, 12:44

Sending it back to the seller/Nord for Warranty repair, looking at 2 weeks down time. Would be interested in doing it myself 'cos I like tinkering around with things, but you're right, better to not void the warranty.
MescaL636

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Forum