Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Seamless transitions when changing programs

Postby anotherscott » 25 Apr 2017, 16:19

dmandaddy67 wrote:Is there any workaround for seamless transition on the Piano 3? I think I may have blown it and bought a piano 3 when I should've waited for the Stage 3. Seamless transitions are extremely important to me and I was so excited about what the piano 3 had to offer in terms of replacing a grand piano, I didn't even think that seamless transitions wouldn't be a part of the package. I'm bummed at this limitation in the piano 3.

No workaround. But you could buy a relatively small and inexpensive second board that has that feature for when you need it (cheaper than the difference between a NP3 and Stage 3). Yamaha MX49, for example. (You can define sets of 16 sounds, and you can switch among those sounds seamlessly, though there is a gap if you switch to a different set of 16.)
anotherscott

Sponsor

Postby masterzaffro » 13 Jul 2017, 22:26

Probably my one annoyance about the electro 5. definitely seems like it should be a standard for any keyboard in this price range. i make it work though. i hook my nord up to a boss re-20 space echo pedal. just started messing around with this combo (which i love) and it can emulate seamless transitions since the delay continues after a patch has changed. obviously this involves delay which isnt desirable for every patch. hopefully this is helpful to someone.

The author masterzaffro was thanked by:
JXrays
masterzaffro

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum