This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

synth sounds on slot A and Slot B sound very different

Postby Jasonlee00 » 24 Apr 2017, 18:41

Hi - bought my first Nord 2 weeks ago - Stage 2. When I listen to a synth sound in slot B it sounds very different to when I play the same synth sound in Slot A. I have made sure that all the same lights are on/off. Any ideas? Thanks
Jasonlee00

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

synth sounds on slot A and Slot B sound very different

Sponsor

Re: synth sounds on slot A and Slot B sound very different

Postby NightSkyStudio » 24 Apr 2017, 18:47

Though the same lights may be on, there must be different settings for each slot. To determine the settings, press and hold Shift while turning each synth parameter. Its value will be shown on the display. Do the same for the other slot. Change the values to match the slot you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks,
Tom

Nord Stage 2, Rev B. OS 2.24, Yamaha MOXF6

The author NightSkyStudio was thanked by:
Jasonlee00
NightSkyStudio

Re: synth sounds on slot A and Slot B sound very different

Postby ericL » 24 Apr 2017, 19:38

Correct, there are a bunch of parameters for the synth that can dramatically change how it sounds - filter cutoff, resonance, waveform, LFO, attack, etc. If you have a synth sound in slot A that you like and want to have it in slot B, there are a couple of ways to do this:

- Like NightSkyStudio suggested, you can toggle back and forth to compare and update each parameter. This would probably take some time.
- You can save the synth sound into memory and then recall the saved synth sound in the other slot. I'd suggest referring to the manual to understand the process for saving Synth sounds (it is different than saving programs).
- You can also "copy" a slot by holding down the shift button and moving the main knob to show Slot A and Slot B for each program. This is also explained in the manual and is a handy shortcut. Keep in mind that it will copy the entire slot (including piano, organ, synth, external, effects).
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.

The author ericL was thanked by 2 members, including:
pablomastodonJasonlee00
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to General Nord Forum