This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Which keybed do primarily you use on your Nord?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: POLL: The action on the Nord you play.

Postby cphollis » 08 Apr 2017, 06:31

All of the above. Horses for courses. Typical gig is NP2 below, NE4D above. Playing piano parts on an unweighted board sucks for me, as does trying to riff organ and synth parts on a weighted board. So I bring the extra gear and have more fun that way. I have a Nord with the HP keys, don't use it much.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Sponsor

Postby Nadroj » 10 Apr 2017, 12:33

Does anyone else find the SW particularly nice for piano, actually? I don't know what it is, but the past few days I've been drawn to my Electro 4 SW73 and have lost hours just playing piano on it. After half an hour of playing on my Roland RD700NX I get bored. Anyone else have this experience? Making me rethink my choice - maybe I should get the S373...
Nadroj
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby cEgws » 11 Apr 2017, 00:51

afroskully wrote:playing acoustic piano on a SW keybed actually requires practice as well.

I totally agree. I love my NE4D and gig with it twice a week. I got it for portability and mainly for the organ.
But I'm a piano player, too, and I find that practicing on my acoustic piano does not transfer very well to my Electro.
If I add another board it's a synth with a pitch bender and mod wheel — not a weighted keyboard.
DW-8000, DX7, ESQ-1, JD-990, MKS-70, TG77
cEgws

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby MartinJ2EX » 11 Apr 2017, 02:18

HA 88, gigging and at home

I have the S2EX 88, and I tested all three keybeds before buying this one. Actually, I played on the Nord Piano 2 88, because they didn't have a Stage 88 there ..
I have to say, it's the best action for all types of playing styles. Organ is just fine, because the keybed action is not too hard, and piano playing feels great for me.
I think this derives from the fact that I have learned playing keyboards, so with rhythm automatic and playing just the melody on the right hand and chords on the left hand. I never learned playing piano the "right" way :D
So I really feel comfortable with the not too hard HA keybed, and I also love organ playing, it's awesome.. :D

BUT...
I'm planning to build a Masterkeyboard with hammond keys, because I'd love to extend these hammond playing styles... ^^
Nord Stage 4 88 | Stage 2 EX 88
Numa Organ 2 | DX7 IIFD | JX-08
SL 61mk3 | opsix | UB-Xa

Live Musician since 2010
> My Website <

Sugar Sharks | Hertha Band
MartinJ2EX
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby Spider » 14 Apr 2017, 09:57

I voted "HA" because my primary board is a Stage2 88, but I also get a lot of use from my Lead2X, so I would have needed two choices... ;)
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby taxman » 14 Apr 2017, 12:33

Hi,
I play the SW73, first with an extern Fatar88DIY. Since a few weeks I get a NP3 so I have the best solution for me. No further needs.

:mrgreen:
taxman

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby danrv » 21 Apr 2017, 01:33

HA (Stage 2 76).
Gig, rehearse. Action's great for my needs.
I practise on a Yamaha P140 which has a heavier weighted action. Great for classical playing.

Portability of the SW version would be nice but I need weighted for solo piano, jazz,funk,fusion playing.
Still portable enough for a 76 stage piano with a decent action.
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Roland XP80, Yamaha P140, Yamaha PSR2000 , 2 x Yamaha DXR10, Roland KC150, Toa D3 line mixer, Quiklok 2 tier X stand.
danrv

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby anotherscott » 21 Apr 2017, 03:18

Gambold wrote:Speaking of the SV-1 - it's light-years ahead of the Nord for a Rhodes or Wurli.

Yes, and it's a great combination with a Nord. And the NE5D's "MIDI Upper Receive" mode (combined with the Korg's "Local Off" button and the Nord's Upper Part On/Off button) makes it very easy to go back and forth between using the SV1 to trigger its own EPs or using it to trigger a superior acoustic piano sound resident in the Nord (and playing that Nord piano is much more satisfying from the SV1's weighted action).

The combo even looks great... especially if you get your SV1 in red. ;-)

anotherscott

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum