General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

ns2ex synth freq knob sound popping

Postby nchavalle » 19 Apr 2017, 19:31

Hi,

First of all apologies if this has been covered before it probably is caused by me not knowing what I'm doing....

Whenever I use my nord stage 2 ex synth section and lower the frequency and press a key multiple times after 10-20 seconds the sound pops back to having full frequency.
This happens to samples as well as waves and it always happens, whether I press the same key multiple times or whether I hold it pressed (assuming it's a long playing sample).
Am I doing something wrong or is my synth section broken? :keyboard2:

p.s.
bonus question, is there away to transfer the morph source from one source to another? from CNTRL to wheel for instance

Many thanks
Neil
Last edited by nchavalle on 19 Apr 2017, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
nchavalle

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

ns2ex synth freq knob sound popping

Sponsor

Re: ns2ex synth freq knob sound popping

Postby ericL » 19 Apr 2017, 21:41

Sounds like you may have the LFO modulating the synth frequency. I don't have my NS2 in front of me, but play with the LFO knob and destination button near the bottom left of the Synth section and see if that changes how your frequency is working.

In terms of transferring morph source, there is no shortcut that I know about, but it's pretty easy. Simply look at the morph setting you have on CRTL pedal for example, and then set it up in the same way for the wheel (you can have two controllers sending the same morph). Once you have it dialed in and working on the wheel, simply turn off the morph to the other controller.
Last edited by ericL on 19 Apr 2017, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby DJKeys » 19 Apr 2017, 21:47

Make sure both the Shape Mod and Freq Mod controls are set at exactly 0. You can see the amount change in the display as you move them. Any other setting other than 0 can modify the sound. This has happened to me before more than once.

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby nchavalle » 19 Apr 2017, 22:09

DJKeys wrote:Make sure both the Shape Mod and Freq Mod controls are set at exactly 0. You can see the amount change in the display as you move them. Any other setting other than 0 can modify the sound. This has happened to me before more than once.

-dj

many thanks will take a look! I'm glad there's nothing wrong with the unit, just the user.
also thanks about the morph tip, it was quite obvious I should've thought about it!

one more, is it possible to get the ns2ex to display the selected synth sample without the need to rotate the knob?
like the piano info function.
nchavalle

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Return to Nord Stage Forum