This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Once Again....will there be a Stage 3?

Postby maxpiano » 19 Feb 2017, 15:07

taxman wrote:Hi folks ;)
it´s every year the same - the new ones are not better... they are only different, and sometimes they have some more features. For me, I have no GAS because every time I look to the music I play, I recognize that I haven´t use all the possibilities witch the stage is able to do. Most of the time it´s me who needs an upgrade, not the stage :lol: .
Regards
Reiner :D

So true (for most) ;) :mrgreen:
Last edited by maxpiano on 19 Feb 2017, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby Rusty Mike » 19 Feb 2017, 15:09

taxman wrote:Hi folks ;)
it´s every year the same - the new ones are not better... they are only different, and sometimes they have some more features. For me, I have no GAS because every time I look to the music I play, I recognize that I haven´t use all the possibilities witch the stage is able to do. Most of the time it´s me who needs an upgrade, not the stage :lol: .
Regards
Reiner :D

There it is, right there. :keyboard2:

Well said, taxman!
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Nadroj » 21 Feb 2017, 11:08

Let us know how you get on OP, thinking of upgrading from E4 SW73 to Stage 2 EX76 in the next few months. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts.
Nadroj
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby simajanpa » 23 Feb 2017, 01:19

Nadroj wrote:Let us know how you get on OP, thinking of upgrading from E4 SW73 to Stage 2 EX76 in the next few months. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

I called GC today to inquire about my order and they said it just shipped and will get to the store in a week. So the wait is on.

I will certainly give my views on the 76 after playing it. Although I am not holding out much hope that I will like this action. But I need to be the judge of that, everyone has different tastes in action and playability.

I have never been a weighted action user and my last board was the Hammond SK1-88...I also had the 73 before that. The 73 has the same Fatar keybed that the Nord E4 SW 73 has.....that's is the action that I am used to.
But hey, I'll give the 76 a try, you just never know until you touch one.

Cheers
Paul
Last edited by simajanpa on 23 Feb 2017, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
simajanpa

Postby DanielD71 » 24 Feb 2017, 13:18

Just got my NS2EX88 Monday and I'm like the Keybed !

Dan
Daniel
DanielD71

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby simajanpa » 28 Feb 2017, 02:49

Nadroj wrote:Let us know how you get on OP, thinking of upgrading from E4 SW73 to Stage 2 EX76 in the next few months. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

I went to Guitar Center today and played the Stage 2 EX 76 HP and as expected it's just not my cup of tea.

The keybed is OK for playing AP and EP stuff of course but organ is out of the question for soloing. If you were just holding down some background chords, you may be able to get away with that mode of playing on the HP action.....but that's it.

You would have to midi in a second keyboard with non-weighted action to get proper use of the Nord organ engine....as some folks do. But I want a single board solution, so it will be the Stage 2 EX 73 for me.

Truthfully, the fully weighted Stage 2 EX 88 HA I played was quite a bit easier to play organ on than the 76 HP. Remember I am not used to playing weighted action at all...YMMV.

So the hunt is now on for a Stage 73. I did see some strange and wonderous pricing today at a couple of New York stores for new Stage 2 EX 73 boards that STILL make me wonder if that Stage 3 is waiting in the wings.

Where is that crystal ball!

Cheers
Paul
simajanpa

Postby jeffkeys » 28 Feb 2017, 18:49

I don't know why, but I've been thinking that the direction Nord will move soon is toward is a double manual keyboard with a weighted and organ weight keybed. I just think there would be a bigger market for that than any other upgrade. Probably just wishful thinking, but, I'm holding out for something like that!
Jeff
jeffkeys

Postby simajanpa » 01 Mar 2017, 00:53

Well my hunt is over sooner that I thought, I puller the trigger on a new Stage 2 EX 73 Compact, for a very good price point. I don't think I will be disappointed at all with this decision.....even IF or when a Stage 3 comes along.

Over and out
Paul
simajanpa

Postby simajanpa » 11 Mar 2017, 17:10

I received my Stage 2EX 73 a few days ago, and I am very happy with this decision over all. I like the keybed it feels nicer than my old Sk1-73 and Sk1-88. I've updated the OS and downloaded some new sounds but have not loaded them into the unit as yet. Looks to be fairly easy organizing with the Sound Manager Software. It is a totally different beast than I am used to with all those knobs, but I think I will like the real time control over menu diving.

Paul
simajanpa

Postby simajanpa » 06 Apr 2017, 14:21

cphollis wrote:Look, the only way we're going to learn about the Stage 3 is for you to buy a current Stage 2 EX. The day it arrives, we'll get the news. It's all in your hands!

Well Chuck, you were absolutely correct, I bought the Stage 2ex 73 less than a month ago, the Stage 3 is now here, so I sent the Stage 2 back and will wait a few months for the Stage 3 to be available.

I loved the Stage2 but I was wrong, the 3 checks all the boxes that the 2 didn't. Yes it will cost me plenty more, but at this point in my life it will be my last keyboard purchase.....you know until the 4 or 5 comes out ;)

Cheers
Paul
Last edited by simajanpa on 06 Apr 2017, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
simajanpa

PreviousNext

Return to General Nord Forum