General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Syncing arpeggiator to the clock in logic pro 9

Postby cnanders » 02 Apr 2017, 20:55

Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to synths and music technology. I am trying to sync the clock out coming out of Logic Pro 9 on my computer through an apogee duet into my Nord Stage 2, specifically into the arpeggiator.

The gear I am running is:
- MacBookPro
- apogee duet
- nord stage 2

It appears I have successfully imported the click from Logic into my nord however there are a few things I can't figure out how to do.

1. The click appears to be slightly delayed from the computer's click...is there a way to fix this? is this a latency issue?
2. How do I set the master clock on my Nord Stage 2 to automatically sync with the tempo coming from the computer?
3. Same as 2 but with an arpeggiator

Thank you very much for your help!
cnanders

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Syncing arpeggiator to the clock in logic pro 9

Sponsor

Re: Syncing arpeggiator to the clock in logic pro

Postby maxpiano » 02 Apr 2017, 22:49

1. Strange should not be like that, unless you are not using direct monitoring, then it could be the latency (btw which "click"?)
2. The NS switches automatically to External Clock when a MIDI clock is detected on its Global port (USB or MIDI)
3. Same as 2

can you describe in detail your MIDI (not audio) connections and settings both on the NS and Logic?
Last edited by maxpiano on 02 Apr 2017, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum