Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 2 signal panning distortion

Postby willycliffton » 28 Mar 2017, 01:24

Hey yall,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've had an Electro 2 for a long time and I still dig what it does. I just recently purchased a Leslie 147 and am getting my setup together to run the Electro through it.

I have it running great with my Dr Fishsticks leslie connector but still obviously want to run the piano sounds through my powered speaker/keyboard amp/house PA. I've been able to isolate the two signals to L & R output but for some reason the piano sounds have a bit of distortion. The organ sounds appear to be normal and I've tried this with a few different speakers/amps to test it out and the distortion remains. Also when I un-pan the signal the tone goes back to normal.

It doesn't sound that different than the normal Electro's "overdrive" feature but there will be times where I want a pure clean signal.

I do have a rudimentary understanding of working on the the Electro, I've opened it up a few times to fix dead keys and whatnot but this sounds like a problem that might be beyond my capabilities and I haven't been able to find any other instance of this online.

Anyone out there know what might be causing this?
willycliffton

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Electro 2 signal panning distortion

Sponsor

Return to Nord Electro Forum