Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Blues brass quartet

Postby iamdave » 14 Mar 2017, 17:19

I have listened to some of the Nord brass patches but am looking for more of a blues band's brass trio / quartet sound. The brass sounds I hear seem to full and polished for use in a rock or blues band setting inho.

Trumpet, T-bone, Alto Sax and maybe a tenor or baritone sax - 1 each. What would be mega cool is if you could chord with both hands and each instrument would cover its main natural notes only. You could end up with fingers hitting at not the same exact time and at different velocities providing an even more human sounding brass quartet. That may be asking for to much. Not sure what layers/splits etc. could accomplish.

If there isn't something like this already (to me that's one of the main brass sounds any keyboard should have) can anyone give any input on how to create this as close as the nord could accomplish?

Thanks,
Dave
iamdave

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Blues brass quartet

Sponsor

Re: Blues brass quartet

Postby iamdave » 24 Mar 2017, 23:59

Nuts, no ideas there eh?
iamdave

Re: Blues brass quartet

Postby OrpheusNY » 25 Mar 2017, 04:15

You could do this by finding samples you like of each of the instruments you mention and resampling them into Nord Sample Editor, and assigning each instrument/sample to a keyrange.

The main drawback would be that the sample size might get big, but it could be done.
OrpheusNY

Return to Nord Electro Forum