Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Buying used Nord Electro 4 HP. This a good deal?

Postby Montaress » 20 Mar 2017, 18:22

So basicly I've recently picked up playing piano again. I'm playing in a band and we do some gigs (like once every two weeks) and hopefully more as we get closer to summer.
I have been spending the last couple of weeks really researching electric pianos and trying some of them at my local music store. At first I thought I just wanted a cheap used one that could do barely do the job, but as I've been researching I more and more feel like getting something that might last for 5+ years.

I recently found a used Nord Electro 4 HP for 1500$. Do you guys think this is a good deal? And if I do go and try it, what should I check for? what should I ask? I don't have a lot of experience with Nords and wouldn't want to come home with something that's semi-broken.

Thanks in advance!
Montaress

Buying used Nord Electro 4 HP. This a good deal?

Sponsor

Re: Buying used Nord Electro 4 HP. This a good deal?

Postby ogunter » 24 Mar 2017, 14:17

Price is good if it is in new condition. I own the Electro 4 sw73. I originally ordered the HP, but sent it back because I
didn't like the action of the keyboard, and I play as much organ as piano, and the keyboard did not work for me
as far as playing organ. If you mostly play piano, it might work for you. I would suggest trying it first because, in my opinion, the
person selling may be selling because the keyboard feel may not not have worked for them as well.
ogunter

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Re: Buying used Nord Electro 4 HP. This a good deal?

Postby Berretje » 24 Mar 2017, 16:29

Montaress wrote:what should I check for? what should I ask?

Just ask why he wants to sell it.

Check the following:

• Check all dials (just turn them and see if the display is responding
  • Riffle through all keys (one by one) and check if all the keys are playing a sound
  • Check the outputs (headphone, lineout)
  • Check the pedal inputs (sustain, rotary and control)
  • If you can, check the midi ports and USB ports

gr
Bart
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Electro Forum