Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: newly purchased electro 5d 61, decided to sell it

Postby NoDirection » 29 Sep 2016, 08:42

I usually bring my Electro5D 61 on rehearsals since it is excellent in size and weight, but last Monday I brought my NS276 HammerAction, and got compliments how much better my playing was on that one. So on piano it's all about the action, and the versatility offered by NordStage2 comapared to Electro5 is big.
But on organ with Leslie simulation my Electro5 clearly beats the stage 2!
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Nord Electro 6 HP, Yamaha Montage 6
NoDirection
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Sponsor

Postby Mr_-G- » 01 Oct 2016, 13:07

Big Jock wrote:I just soldered up a usb to 5 pin midi lead taking care not to use pin 4 on the usb as this might carry the 5 volts from iPhone.

Can you please explain better what you did. Are you trying to use a DIN Midi cable and solder into an USB connector?
That will never work and you risk breaking something. You need some circuitry to match the USB and the MIDI protocols. Sorry if I misunderstood your post.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: help: just purchased electro 5d 61...wrong choice?

Postby anotherscott » 22 Mar 2017, 18:14

notchdave wrote:Hi You cannot add a sample (synth sound) to the piano library. I agree that this is a downside of this superb machine. I quite often need to play bass gtr and strings split but cannot do it if bass player in band is not there. I use an organ bass instead which I can just get away with in a live situation.

Instead of organ bass, have you tried a Rhodes sound? Fender used to actually make a 32-key low-pitch Rhodes for playing bass parts (famously used by Ray Manzarek in the Doors), it would also give you some more of the attack/decay envelope of a bass.
anotherscott

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum