Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Transfer a sound from another keyboard?

Postby Mort77 » 04 Aug 2016, 23:29

Im new at this I have a Yamaha Motif XS Rack where theres a few sounds Id like to put in my
NE5 Can you do it and how? :thanks:
Mort77

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Transfer a sound from another keyboard?

Sponsor

Re: Transfer a sound from another keyboard?

Postby Berretje » 05 Aug 2016, 01:41

You have to resample them and then upload them to your NE5 using Nord Sample Editor.
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper

The author Berretje was thanked by 3 members, including:
Mort77Marlowespablomastodon
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Mort77 » 05 Aug 2016, 18:25

Berretje wrote:You have to resample them and then upload them to your NE5 using Nord Sample Editor.

But how do you do that? is it like sampling any other instrument (Mic and recording software) or is there an easier ways transferring
samples from one keyboard to the Nord?
do you use the Nord sample editor and a microphone?
Can I use the Motif plugged directly into my Saffire 2/2 interface into my computer with the Nord editing software?

:thanks:
Mort77

Postby dhbp-nord » 05 Aug 2016, 19:35

You'd need to plug your Motif into your sound card and record the Motif into your DAW of choice, and then export the resultant WAV files to the Nord editor - there are several other threads in here with step-by-step instructions for creating the WAV files that the Nord Sample editor requires. (dont use a mic unless you actually want room sound and speaker artifacts, better to record it direct in) - there is no method more straigh-forward than this, you need to use the Nord Sample editor. Start by downloading it and kicking the tires to see how it works.

DH
-Nord Stage 3 88
-Novation SL MKII 61
-Rise 2
-Alesis Q88
-Roland AX-09
-Focusrite 18i20
-ASUS ROG laptop, 32gb, 6 TB SSDs, Win11, Ableton 11, Reaper
-Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian
-Arturia, Komplete, IK suites
-Behringer X18
-StagePas 400i
-EV ZLX-15BT

The author dhbp-nord was thanked by:
Marlowes
dhbp-nord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mort77 » 05 Aug 2016, 22:09

dhbp-nord wrote:You'd need to plug your Motif into your sound card and record the Motif into your DAW of choice, and then export the resultant WAV files to the Nord editor - there are several other threads in here with step-by-step instructions for creating the WAV files that the Nord Sample editor requires. (dont use a mic unless you actually want room sound and speaker artifacts, better to record it direct in) - there is no method more straigh-forward than this, you need to use the Nord Sample editor. Start by downloading it and kicking the tires to see how it works.

DH

THanks DH EH!

NORD ELECTRO 5D 73/KORG KROME 88/YAMAHA MOTIF XS SOUND MODULE/ROLAND I7 MODULE/ROLAND VK8M ORGAN MODULE/ROLAND A8OO MIDI CONTROLLER/JBL&M-AUDIO MONITORS
Last edited by Mort77 on 05 Aug 2016, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Mort77

Postby dhbp-nord » 05 Aug 2016, 22:32

Anytime for a fellow Canuck :-)
-Nord Stage 3 88
-Novation SL MKII 61
-Rise 2
-Alesis Q88
-Roland AX-09
-Focusrite 18i20
-ASUS ROG laptop, 32gb, 6 TB SSDs, Win11, Ableton 11, Reaper
-Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian
-Arturia, Komplete, IK suites
-Behringer X18
-StagePas 400i
-EV ZLX-15BT
dhbp-nord

Postby sdmkeys » 06 Aug 2016, 15:51

If you are a Mainstage 3 owner/user, you can sample instruments using the Auto Sampler Audio FX plugin.

One can sample hardware as well as software synths.

I've sampled a few synths and it does a decent job.

For more details refer to: https://brianli.com/sampling-synths-aut ... ainstage-3

- Sergio
sdmkeys

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby Mort77 » 09 Aug 2016, 18:58

sdmkeys wrote:If you are a Mainstage 3 owner/user, you can sample instruments using the Auto Sampler Audio FX plugin.

One can sample hardware as well as software synths.

I've sampled a few synths and it does a decent job.

For more details refer to: https://brianli.com/sampling-synths-aut ... ainstage-3

- Sergio

Unfortunatly I have Mixcraft 6 Pro but not an expert anyone familiar ?will it do the Wav file I need to transfer to my Nord form my Yamaha?
Mort77

Postby anotherscott » 21 Mar 2017, 18:30

There are a number of Windows or cross-platform programs that can automate the sampling of another instrument... look at SampleRobot, Samplit, Extreme Sample Converter, Chicken Systems Translator, I think there are downloadable demos for all of them. Most or all of these can automate the process, compared to what you would do manually with a DAW.

A couple of caveats: Try to sample as few notes and as short times as you find feasible, to keep file sizes down. Also, a lot of Yamaha sounds use velocity layers, triggering different samples depending on how hard you hit the key. The Nord does not recognize this. On the plus side, needing to sample only one velocity layer helps keep file sizes down, but on the down side, it will be that much harder to get your sampled version to sound just like the original.

You could also think about supplementing your Nord with a Yamaha MX49 which has most of the sounds that are in your rack, weighs only about 8 lbs, and will give you more flexibility in terms of being able to instantly access or play multiple sounds at once, or switch from one sound to another without the first sound cutting off.
anotherscott

Return to Nord Electro Forum