All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Bass cabinets for stage montiors

Postby ltc123 » 21 Mar 2017, 03:23

There are are a few threads on stage amplification already but I thought this might deserve its own home.

I currently bought two Yamaha DBR12's for my stereo mix on stage. Although they sound great for synth and organ, the EP and most certainly the AP on my NP3 sound honky. I bought them because they are: cheap, light, and clean.

However, I used to go through a Genz-Benz NEOX400-112T. The 5 band EQ, Tube channel, punchy 425W fan-cooled amp, and wooden cabinet made my Nord Stage 88 sound oh so wonderful. The pianos sounded wooden, real, and punchy. However, it was in mono, weighed 60lbs, and cost $1400CAD in 2007 dollars.

That NEO sounded oh so good.....if I'd had two...the stereo samples would have come ALIVE!

Just food for thought: A powerful bass amp with a tube channel has plenty of low end power to make a Nord scream while also crispy clean on the highs as well.
Last edited by ltc123 on 21 Mar 2017, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
ltc123

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Bass cabinets for stage montiors

Sponsor

Return to Accessories and Amplification