This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

NLA1 best option for me?

Postby missoundscape » 06 Feb 2017, 20:22

I am about to pull the trigger on a Nord Lead A1 to supplement my Nord Stage 2EX.
I think it wil complement the Stage with the bigger synth-possibilities.

On the other hand I saw the Roland FA-06. The layering possibilities are attractive. I don't need the sample pads from the FA06, because I use the Roland SP404sx for samples.
I have a Roland JD-Xi and I like the sounds, but not as good as the Nord.
Do I give myself a bigger range of sounds with the Roland, or do I give myself more synth options with the Lead A1.

I think I'm better of with the NLA1. Anyone better arguments for the FA06?

I mainly play 80's new wave/pop, and I love all the 80s synth songs.
missoundscape
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

NLA1 best option for me?

Sponsor

Re: NLA1 best option for me?

Postby stgermain » 06 Feb 2017, 21:41

Hi missoundscape

I have had an NLA1 paired with my Stage 2 for the last 6 months. One of the bands I play with plays a lot of 80's covers and it works great.

The only thing you need to do is get your head around programming, you might need to create everything from scratch. This would take time, depending on how familiar you are with synthesis.

It tool me quite a while, as I had never had a VA synth before.

The Fa06 will give you lots of sounds immediately, so I suspect you would get up and running quicker.

I went with the NA01, and do not regret it.

matt

The author stgermain was thanked by 3 members, including:
Marlowesmissoundscapepablomastodon
stgermain
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby missoundscape » 08 Feb 2017, 12:13

Thanks for your insight Matt.
I have made a choice and pulled the trigger on the Nord Lead A1.
Main reason is that I don't think I need all the sounds from the FA06. I can do a lot with the Stage 2EX, but when I make programs I always need some more synth options. (more layers, or extra synth sounds). I think the NLA1 can provide me with that, and more.

I think (because of the easy programming on the NLA1) the programming will not be a problem. But I agree that most sounds need to be created from scratch. That's a good exercise for me.

I saw some really great demo's on youtube.

Anyway, I have a two week testperiode. If it's not working for me, I can send it back.
I really enjoy the sound of the Nord and hope that the NLA1 will make me happy as well.
Last edited by missoundscape on 08 Feb 2017, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
missoundscape
Patch Creator

Postby stgermain » 08 Feb 2017, 22:30

Good choice!

Be sure to post some of your 80's synth patches on this forum.

Matt
:keyboard:
stgermain
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby Duplobaustein » 09 Feb 2017, 18:19

The FA can import samples and either play them on the keybed or fire them with the pads. It also has an absolutely amazing synth and rompler engine with 16 parts. Also keep in mind, that the A1 is basically the synth section of the Stage in a keyboard.
Duplobaustein

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby Mr_-G- » 10 Feb 2017, 00:49

Duplobaustein wrote:Also keep in mind, that the A1 is basically the synth section of the Stage in a keyboard.

I do not think that is accurate, more like half the Stage Synth section with more polyphony and no sample playing.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby missoundscape » 10 Feb 2017, 01:49

That's the way I look at it, I'm giving the Stage more synth options (through the external section), and also play it standalone. That's what I missed in the Stage, the extra synth options and layering. Now I have to program the sounds to my liking on the NLA1, and if that works I will be very happy.

The author missoundscape was thanked by:
Marlowes
missoundscape
Patch Creator

Postby Roodle » 17 Mar 2017, 18:16

Hi guys sorry if I'm in the wrong place I wonder can anyone help.I have a Nord Stage 2ex and generally whatever preset I am using returns after I have switched off the unit and then returned and switched it back on . This is in normal mode and not live mode. Just today I switched on and it had defaulted to a different sound and also the reverb which had not went near was also off . I went too a different sound and switched off and again it did not return to that sound but a completely different sound. I tried switching on and off a few times and the same thing. It is also the same with the original preset verb it is on but the verb preset amount is off as in the indicator light for the verb is on but the original amount not present and I have too move the knob to get it on again . I have never had this happen before can anyone advise any solutions apart from a factory reset .
Thanks guys
Roodle

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to General Nord Forum